• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL players want to play, but need more safety measures from nfl

Jeremy Igo

Seems like most of players that keep voicing concerns already have made many millions AND have guaranteed money for this season. Honestly the NFL could and should force some of the issues(none of which is player safety). My guess is around 70% of the players would go bankrupt if no season, so just as the owners wanting that TV money, many players need that basic check too. 

It was very sicking watching the some of NBA players complain about their rooms and food, glad I no longer follow that sport. A few NFL players that have their voices at the front lines and I dont believe they understand the NFL will be losing close to 5 billion. Next years cap is already said to be 70 million less than this years, some want to take that hit in a 2 year span. Players must take a pay cut. 

Plus Ive seen a OLmen chicken wing contest, parties, and group practices MORE than a few times.... All without safety, mask, testings, social distancing, etc. That itself is very damning to all the "evil owners want to hurt own families talk". So sick of the BS.

Now to need to take 3 showers form all this boot-licking, bye.   

5 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Welcome to American Capitalism. Corporations lay off 700 people because of the Coronavirus and then the millionaire CEO gets a 6% bonus. 

pro athletes are one of the few jobs in fhis country where they do have some power. 

I seen one report and it stated that if the company spent at least 60% of the loan on salaries they dont have to repay it... WTF?!?! The jokes writes themselves. 

22 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I seen one report and it stated that if the company spent at least 60% of the loan on salaries they dont have to repay it... WTF?!?! The jokes writes themselves. 

Yes (technically payroll) the whole point was to allow companies to keep on staff instead of letting them go. The money goes to workers. Yes there are cases of abuse. I got a PPP loan.

20 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Yes (technically payroll) the whole point was to allow companies to keep on staff instead of letting them go. The money goes to workers. Yes there are cases of abuse. I got a PPP loan.

Could you in turn pay yourself a nice salary increase along with other higher ups(bonuses too) and in turn lay off a few workers at the bottom? I wished they paid the people more money, not the put the money in the greedy hands of a CEO.  Plus only 60% too, how do you trust these companies to do whats right? I still heard millions of people losing their jobs.

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Could you in turn pay yourself a nice salary increase along with other higher ups(bonuses too) and in turn lay off a few workers at the bottom? I wished they paid the people more money, not the put the money in the greedy hands of a CEO.  Plus only 60% too, how do you trust these companies to do whats right? I still heard millions of people losing their jobs.

I pay myself over $100k (look at me!) but the rules say you have to limit payroll to $100k for PPP purposes. So I can't transform the loan into  a bonus. Except for the fact that I get to use around $27k for my own payroll. Which is around three months of payroll.

So I guess I gamed the system. Hate me.

Edit: I don't think you can hand out raises to meet the requirements.

19 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

I pay myself over $100k (look at me!) but the rules say you have to limit payroll to $100k for PPP purposes. So I can't transform the loan into  a bonus. Except for the fact that I get to use around $27k for my own payroll. Which is around three months of payroll.

So I guess I gamed the system. Hate me.

Edit: I don't think you can hand out raises to meet the requirements.

Everyone does, its one of things thing that forces you too. Again I wish the funds where handed directly to people and not corporate. 

Archived