• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL players want to play, but need more safety measures from nfl

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Smithers said:

These privileged NFL players need to stop whining.  The NFL has already said players who don’t feel comfortable playing can stay home with no penalty.  If they don’t want to take a risk, stay home.  Stop whining about your situation while high risk, elderly folks making minimum wage go to work every day and interact with the public just to feed their family.  

Agreed. If you want to stay in the basement, stay in the basement. If you want to go to work, go to work. 

NFL had a ton of time to prepare for this. What the hell were they doing? This pandemic started like right after the super bowl. 

also, you crybabies on here whining about the rich nfl players fighting for safety and their well-being need to get your heads outta your asses. This poo is serious. You can still drink your shitty beer in your garage without football. 

12 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

NFL had a ton of time to prepare for this. What the hell were they doing? This pandemic started like right after the super bowl. 

also, you crybabies on here whining about the rich nfl players fighting for safety and their well-being need to get your heads outta your asses. This poo is serious. You can still drink your shitty beer in your garage without football. 

And you insinuating the people that contribute to running a billion dollar industry haven't been preparing for a way to continue to make cash is a bit odd. 
Obviously its a difficult problem to figure out but do you really think they have been sleeping in? 

6 hours ago, Ornias said:

The NFL seems like they are not wanting a season at all and blame in on the players for not agreeing to the proposed format.

I don't think the NFL doesn't want a season. They will lose a boatload of money by not having content this year. 

7 hours ago, arbnranger said:

And you insinuating the people that contribute to running a billion dollar industry haven't been preparing for a way to continue to make cash is a bit odd. 
Obviously its a difficult problem to figure out but do you really think they have been sleeping in? 

Yes

8 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Crybabies? Fighting for safety and well-being? Hmm.. let's see since March there has been Millions.. working in non-safe or high exposure jobs for pennies.. NFL players are nothing special. I wish I could tell my job that I am not going to work, when I am not the one that owns it, that would go over real well. The NFL already gave players the option to not play.... that is all they need to really offer. That is more of a choice than 90% of Americans get. The NFL already has protocols in place, they players do not agree with them... then don't play if you don't, simple. 

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

Crybabies? Fighting for safety and well-being? Hmm.. let's see since March there has been Millions.. working in non-safe or high exposure jobs for pennies.. NFL players are nothing special. I wish I could tell my job that I am not going to work, when I am not the one that owns it, that would go over real well. The NFL already gave players the option to not play.... that is all they need to really offer. That is more of a choice than 90% of Americans get. The NFL already has protocols in place, they players do not agree with them... then don't play if you don't, simple. 

Again, you are not a professional athlete. You are replaceable. It’s an ignorant argument to make. Apples and oranges, bro. Just because they make a ton of money, that does not mean pro athletes should sacrifice their health and well being or put their families at risk so you can sit in your garage with your neighbor and drink beer and watch football on Sundays. 

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Again, you are not a professional athlete. You are replaceable. It’s an ignorant argument to make. Apples and oranges, bro. Just because they make a ton of money, that does not mean pro athletes should sacrifice their health and well being or put their families at risk so you can sit in your garage with your neighbor and drink beer and watch football on Sundays. 

Professional Athletes are replaceable, also. There is also bubble players or players out there with any opportunity to play during COVID, that will play. You think the people that have been working in this stuff, that make less than 32K a year are disposable? If there company wants them to work, and gives them the option to opt out, then they should opt out. 

46 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Professional Athletes are replaceable, also. There is also bubble players or players out there with any opportunity to play during COVID, that will play. You think the people that have been working in this stuff, that make less than 32K a year are disposable? If there company wants them to work, and gives them the option to opt out, then they should opt out. 

Yes, most jobs in the American workforce are disposable. Person working them can drop dead and the company will have that person replaced and forgotten in a week. 

Pro athletes, NFL players offer a unique skill set that is not easy to replace which is why they make the big bucks. 

19 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Not my opinion and not making any judgment but numerous former athlete radio guys are saying that this is likely mostly about money but talking health is better optics given how many people are out of work.

Of course it's primarily about money. Virtually every labor negotiation is and that's exactly what this is. This is essentially a mini-CBA negotiation.  The players want their pay for the entire season, the owners want to pay for whatever portion of the season is played - knowing full well the odds of a full season are somewhere between slim and none.

15 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yes, most jobs in the American workforce are disposable. Person working them can drop dead and the company will have that person replaced and forgotten in a week. 

Pro athletes, NFL players offer a unique skill set that is not easy to replace which is why they make the big bucks. 

Lol, NFL players are definitely replaceable, save a select few.  These are gladiators, do you know how many ex-college football players that couldn't make it to the pros would take on the opportunity to play for 100k a season if the big names opted out?  Do you think the casual fan really knows any player outside of the big names?   Most people just want to see hits and their team score.  The rest is gibberish.

Archived