• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL players want to play, but need more safety measures from nfl

Jeremy Igo

Brees is right. There is no doubt in my mind the NFL cares first and foremost about money. It would not surprise me in the slightest if they bypassed a lot of medical advice/precautions in the pursuit of profits. 

I don’t think they play at all, but if they do, if I was a player I’d want to be very involved in the precautions and would be extremely leery  of anything the NFL does or doesn’t do.

I do not think there will be football this year. 

Thinking of someone like Greg Olsen...not sure what his family plans are since he is now a Seahawk...but his son with the heart issues...seems like would be at serious risk if he got the Covid virus.  I am sure there are many more players with vulnerable family members at home.

Until this thing gets under better control...and there is a vaccine I don't know how anything moves forward.

48 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

The NFL is ALWAYS behind. If the NBA can respect and put safety precautions in place to protect its players in the bubble, why can't the NFL do the same?

It's a lot harder for the NFL due to the number of people involved and the venue of play (there's a lot fewer NFL caliber football fields than there are basketball gyms). Also, our testing capacity is becoming strained again and you're talking about requiring a TON of tests to screen every player every other day. That's over 100k tests just for the players for the regular season. That's not including training camp, playoffs, coaches, and other personnel who will be around the players and needed to be tested. 

2 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

The NFL is ALWAYS behind. If the NBA can respect and put safety precautions in place to protect its players in the bubble, why can't the NFL do the same?

They did. The NFL leadership all went in a soundproof bubble. It's so all the owners and Roger Goodell can hear the echos of their own opinions to self-reinforce.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's a lot harder for the NFL due to the number of people involved and the venue of play (there's a lot fewer NFL caliber football fields than there are basketball gyms). Also, our testing capacity is becoming strained again and you're talking about requiring a TON of tests to screen every player every other day. That's over 100k tests just for the players for the regular season. That's not including training camp, playoffs, coaches, and other personnel who will be around the players and needed to be tested. 

I have the answer. NFL ISLAND. 

These privileged NFL players need to stop whining.  The NFL has already said players who don’t feel comfortable playing can stay home with no penalty.  If they don’t want to take a risk, stay home.  Stop whining about your situation while high risk, elderly folks making minimum wage go to work every day and interact with the public just to feed their family.  

Archived