• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp is ..... ON

Jeremy Igo

58 minutes ago, tijo said:

Right now, there's no testing protocols in place. No plan how they will test, when they will test, or how often. It's almost if they don't care about the player's health, and just want them to go out there for the owner's entertainment. I'm shocked that the NFL owners would take such a position given their stellar history of concern for player safety.

From what I’ve read, the nfl wants to test every other day. The players association wants to test everyday. One of the two will happen.

Some other protocols are listed here: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-sends-teams-covid-19-protocols-for-training-camp-including-interaction-with-players-who-test/

2 hours ago, tijo said:

Right now, there's no testing protocols in place. No plan how they will test, when they will test, or how often. It's almost if they don't care about the player's health, and just want them to go out there for the owner's entertainment. I'm shocked that the NFL owners would take such a position given their stellar history of concern for player safety.

You do know the players have the option of opting out right?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-proposal-would-allow-players-to-opt-out-of-2020-season-by-a-specific-date-per-report/

14 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Not enough tests to test everybody in the country, but enough to waste testing people who don't need to "work".

Im sure if you ask the millions of people who’ve been struggling for entertainment with no sports, they’d be more than happy to let these leagues have consistent testing (big picture, the number of tests they’ll need is very small) so that they can play and give people sports to watch again.

9 hours ago, mccjeff said:

Struggling for entertainment? 

I and many others I know don’t watch tv shows or Netflix like the young people do and have had absolutely nothing to watch on tv since the virus shut sports down. No I don’t need tv or sports but it’s extremely nice to have. I’ve loved the time I’ve been able to spend reading more and rebuilding my car engine, building a boat, etc. but there’s something about coming home after a long day at work, cracking open a cold one and just relaxing to a Canes game or other sport without having to think about anything. NFL Sundays will be a welcome change of pace from this virus shutdown too.

21 minutes ago, t96 said:

I and many others I know don’t watch tv shows or Netflix like the young people do and have had absolutely nothing to watch on tv since the virus shut sports down. No I don’t need tv or sports but it’s extremely nice to have. I’ve loved the time I’ve been able to spend reading more and rebuilding my car engine, building a boat, etc. but there’s something about coming home after a long day at work, cracking open a cold one and just relaxing to a Canes game or other sport without having to think about anything. NFL Sundays will be a welcome change of pace from this virus shutdown too.

The lack of sports fuging sucks. 

Hopefully we get the Canes again soon. 

Archived