• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok what the hell is happening with the Washington NFL team?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I read it but you are using his statement to claim he would condone harassment if it wasn't his daughter. That's patently unfair. 

He was a shitty coach, fine, but I don't see what he said as meaning what you are interpreting it as. And you know very well he didn't mean it that way.

In my post, I clearly stated I knew what he meant. I was pointing out that I took issue with some men always using the tired refrain of: "I have a wife, daughter, or sister and I wouldn't tolerate x, y, and z." I don't see the purpose of having to point that out if you don't tolerate something that's clearly wrong.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If Dan Snyder gets Richardson'd, Ron Rivera will never get another job in the NFL.

He will be branded the NFL Owner Kiss Of Death.

You keep telling me that Rivera has nothing to do with this (I agree), but then you say he will be branded as the NFL Owner Kiss of Death if Snyder gets "Richardson'd."

Make that make sense.

55 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

In my post, I clearly stated I knew what he meant. I was pointing out that I took issue with some men always using the tired refrain of: "I have a wife, daughter, or sister and I wouldn't tolerate x, y, and z." I don't see the purpose of having to point that out if you don't tolerate something that's clearly wrong.

I think it has to do with men naturally wanting to protect their family.  A good guy would think about how this would affect their family.  It doesnt mean that they would tolerate it if they didnt have a sister, wife or daughter, just thats what is on our mind when we hear about stuff like this.

1 hour ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I don't think there was a real conscious thought process there. He was just speaking what went through his head, "MFers better not touch my daughter!" without any real thought process.

Same as Cam when he made the sexist comment towards Jordan. 

1. Thought in head.

2. Thought out of mouth.

54 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

You keep telling me that Rivera has nothing to do with this (I agree), but then you say he will be branded as the NFL Owner Kiss of Death if Snyder gets "Richardson'd."

Make that make sense.

It's a joke about him being connected to two owners being forced to sell a team. 

5 hours ago, Dilla said:

Washington would have an owner prepped to buy if Synder is forced to sell. Jeff Bezos is ready and waiting. 

Alexa record all conversations and playbooks of the New York Giants. Ding doo OK! 

11 hours ago, Captain America said:

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the allegations aren't justified but there seems to be a lot of recent  pile on  by these women, since everyone has  really been critical and down on  Snyder for fighting  to not change the teams name. 

That's pretty normal. The reason this stuff doesn't come out on an as-it-happens basis is because the victims are in a position of powerlessness and the perpetrator is in a position of great power.

So when the moment finally comes that the perpetrator is temporarily weakened, that's the time to strike, and your best chance is to do it en masse.

I mean, do you think David went for Goliath when he had his guard up, or when he was temporarily reeling from a hit?

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

As a guy, I guess I just don't fundamentally understand that. As an asshole, I also don't really have an issue telling people to fug off.

I need to eventually have a sit down with some of my female friends and have them actually explain that kind of thing to me. I just haven't been able to understand why women don't throw up the stop sign more often.

But, seriously, if the dude is obviously being a creep, why would you want him to get you lunch and bring it over? That is going to be more awkward interactions. Why not just say, "Nah, I am good. Thanks."

its hard to figure for men who are not very small.  no one talks to me this way except on a message board. no one probably talks to you this way.  do you know why?  because i'm not afraid they will catch me in the parking lot, and i'm not afraid of losing my income that supports my kids. i'm not physically afraid of them.   no one probably speaks to women this way in your presence.  no one speaks to women this way in mine.  we don't see it so we don't understand the intimidation of the threat of harm - physically, sexually, or with our employment. the people who act like this victimize others that are in the down position.  there are bad people who use their position of employment and size to subtly threaten those weaker, and lots of times there is a sexual component that makes it even more frightening for the victim.   this is why someone doesn't react the same way you do - because there can be awful consequences that nothing will be done about.  and for those that do speak out - if things aren't provable, their place of employment isn't empowering, the po po suck... they have probably just lost a job and their future employment will be in jeopardy.  just because we don't experience it doesn't mean its not rampant.

8 minutes ago, raz said:

its hard to figure for men who are not very small.  no one talks to me this way except on a message board. no one probably talks to you this way.  do you know why?  because i'm not afraid they will catch me in the parking lot, and i'm not afraid of losing my income that supports my kids. i'm not physically afraid of them.   no one probably speaks to women this way in your presence.  no one speaks to women this way in mine.  we don't see it so we don't understand the intimidation of the threat of harm - physically, sexually, or with our employment. the people who act like this victimize others that are in the down position.  there are bad people who use their position of employment and size to subtly threaten those weaker, and lots of times there is a sexual component that makes it even more frightening for the victim.   this is why someone doesn't react the same way you do - because there can be awful consequences that nothing will be done about.  and for those that do speak out - if things aren't provable, their place of employment isn't empowering, the po po suck... they have probably just lost a job and their future employment will be in jeopardy.  just because we don't experience it doesn't mean its not rampant.

I mean...I am 5-6. I just have always not given a fug and talked poo.

19 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

You don’t become a millionaire let alone a billionaire by being nice and playing by the rules. 

Most billionaires are lying, cheating pieces of poo who have probably done more illegal things and fuged over more people then you or I could possibly imagine.

Just because you have a lot of money and donate to charities and things like that doesn’t make you a good person.

There is definitely some sort of weird power hungry psychological issue that a lot of these guys have in common. I’m not sure if it’s that element that drives them to be in the position that they are in OR if being in that position makes them think they can do whatever they want. either way this isn’t a unique thing.

Archived