• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok what the hell is happening with the Washington NFL team?

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

As a woman myself, I think she was afraid and attempted to laugh off his lame perverted jokes. 

As a guy, I guess I just don't fundamentally understand that. As an asshole, I also don't really have an issue telling people to fug off.

I need to eventually have a sit down with some of my female friends and have them actually explain that kind of thing to me. I just haven't been able to understand why women don't throw up the stop sign more often.

But, seriously, if the dude is obviously being a creep, why would you want him to get you lunch and bring it over? That is going to be more awkward interactions. Why not just say, "Nah, I am good. Thanks."

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

As a guy, I guess I just don't fundamentally understand that. As an asshole, I also don't really have an issue telling people to fug off.

I need to eventually have a sit down with some of my female friends and have them actually explain that kind of thing to me. I just haven't been able to understand why women don't throw up the stop sign more often.

But, seriously, if the dude is obviously being a creep, why would you want him to get you lunch and bring it over? That is going to be more awkward interactions. Why not just say, "Nah, I am good. Thanks."

Personally, I would've cussed him out. That would've been the end of the discussion. In this woman's case, like I said previously, she was afraid and kept on with the conversation given who he is.

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Then she quits, takes cash, signs an NDA and ten years later she metoos the organization 

not defending the behavior, but she should have taken other actions and doesn’t have any standing years later

Eh...I am not gonna make that logical leap based on three texts. We have probably less than 1% of the full picture of the interactions between those two people. 

1 minute ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Personally, I would've cussed him out. That would've been the end of the discussion. In this woman's case, like I said previously, she was afraid and kept on with the conversation given who he is.

Yeah, some people just have a higher tolerance for BS. I see plenty of that(not creepers, just general BS) in the workplace.

So, if his daughter didn't work for the team, then he would allow sexual harrassment to take place? Yes, I know what he meant, but I'm sick of men who use this tired line. It shouldn't take you having a wife, girlfriend, or daughter to know that this type of behavior should NOT be tolerated.

21 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

So, if his daughter didn't work for the team, then he would allow sexual harrassment to take place? Yes, I know what he meant, but I'm sick of men who use this tired line. It shouldn't take you having a wife, girlfriend, or daughter to know that this type of behavior should NOT be tolerated.

Rivera wasn't there for any of this, so dragging him through the mud isn't appropriate.

He didn't say anything wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I'm not blaming him for any of this. Reread what I wrote.

Washington is an embarrassment to the league, and certainly seemed to have allowed an environment that involved sexually harassing women.

Rivera had nothing to do with it. More of a side note that he wasn't nearly as in demand as was made out and was hired by a trash heap to help perpetuate their trash heap. 

16 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I'm not blaming him for any of this. Reread what I wrote.

I read it but you are using his statement to claim he would condone harassment if it wasn't his daughter. That's patently unfair. 

He was a shitty coach, fine, but I don't see what he said as meaning what you are interpreting it as. And you know very well he didn't mean it that way.

Archived