• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok what the hell is happening with the Washington NFL team?

Jeremy Igo

The Washington Post reports 15 former female employees have alleged sexual harassment during their time working for the Washington football team. 

Of the 15, only former marketing coordinator Emily Applegate was able to speak on the record. Most of the rest are apparently bound by non-disclosure agreements, with the team refusing to grant their release. The allegations date from as far back as 2006 to 2019. The Post summarizes the allegations as falling into two categories: "Unwelcome overtures or comments of a sexual nature, and exhortations to wear revealing clothing and flirt with clients to close sales deals." Three of the men accused in the article — ex-radio announcer Larry Michael, former director of pro personnel Alex Santos and former assistant director of pro personnel Richard Mann II — have already been fired. The team has hired a law firm to "conduct a thorough independent review of this entire matter and help the team set new employee standards for the future.” Sure. The allegations only further highlight what has been obvious to almost any football observer over the past 20 years: Daniel Snyder is not fit to own a team in the National Football League. 

7 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Isnt it amazing that as soon as Ron joins the R words they

-draft an amazing player in chase young

-They change the name

-Dan Snyder gets booted

They will now be known as the Washington Riverboats

5 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the allegations aren't justified but there seems to be a lot of recent  pile on  by these women, since everyone has  really been critical and down on  Snyder for fighting  to not change the teams name. 

Not unusual in a society that has routinely downplayed women's complaints of sexual harassment in the workplace.  Each women being treated as if she is an aberration from the norm rather than part of a systemic issue.

22 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Richard Mann II is a pervert.

I can’t even. Imagine being this desperate... and obviously whatever other control/power trip issues he has. I’ll never understand. 

33 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the allegations aren't justified but there seems to be a lot of recent  pile on  by these women, since everyone has  really been critical and down on  Snyder for fighting  to not change the teams name. 

indeed 

Archived