• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok what the hell is happening with the Washington NFL team?

Jeremy Igo

24 minutes ago, Tbe said:

That’s real. I forgot his name, but he did it a long time ago because he wanted the team to change its name and he wanted to make sure certain options were available whenever it happened. He’s offered to hand over the rights for no money.

What an idiot! Start the bidding at a 100 million 

Some people are applying for trademarks for some of the possible names, and an actuary from Alexandria, Virginia, is among them.

Phillip Martin McCaulay, 61, has made dozens of submissions to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for almost a dozen potential names and other iterations of them.

McCaulay told WTOP he has been applying for potential team names for years, starting with the Washington Pigskins.

https://wtop.com/washington-redskins/2020/07/alexandria-man-holds-trademarks-for-potential-new-names-for-dcs-nfl-team/

It's Cancel Culture season, they will make Snyder well the team. Jerry Jones loving it and probably made it happen. Lebetard (libtard) reminded me this morning of the cheerleader scandal that was reported. Fed Ex was the one who stirred this up, but there executives went and tried to fug the cheerleaders who were mislead for a retreat. Fed Ex needs to suffer just as much as the Skins do for this.

19 minutes ago, RumHam said:

It's Cancel Culture season, they will make Snyder well the team. Jerry Jones loving it and probably made it happen. Lebetard (libtard) reminded me this morning of the cheerleader scandal that was reported. Fed Ex was the one who stirred this up, but there executives went and tried to fug the cheerleaders who were mislead for a retreat. Fed Ex needs to suffer just as much as the Skins do for this.

Ah yes the dreaded and unethical “cancel culture” and the idea of holding people accountable.

Snyder being forced to sell the team and pocket 2 billion dollars and retire to a private island with no care in the world will really teach him a lesson. 

47 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I have a hard time believing the paying off ref's stuff.  They lose to much to have paid off the refs.  If its true, they should ask for a refund.  

NFL referees are part time employees and it is a requirement that they have a very well paying jobs in addition to being an official. I don’t know the exact salary number but it’s why a lot of them are lawyers. The thinking for this is that hiring officials who are already financially secure and well off will discourage them from possibly taking bribes and helping shave points and throw games. 

with that being said, there are way too many bogus, bullshit officiating errors in one game let alone an entire season to not believe there are some shenanigans going on behind the scene. Mob influence, gambling outcomes, NFL storylines and narratives, and even refs being biased against players and teams. 

I will go to my grave defending Jerricho Cotchery’s catch in the SB. That call reversal changed the game. 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Snyder being forced to sell the team and pocket 2 billion dollars and retire to a private island with no care in the world will really teach him a lesson. 

Snyder will make a killing off being forced to sell.  My guess is it will likely be closer to 3 billion considering where the team is located.

12 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Redskins have been mismanaged since Snyder bought the team.  If he gets the boot, it will be the best thing that has happened to the team in decades.

You might be right about the fans being happy.  But what I have read says that whatever might be coming is sickening.  Sickening to me would be a penn state situation.  I hope its not something like that.  

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I will go to my grave defending Jerricho Cotchery’s catch in the SB. That call reversal changed the game. 

Swinging Philly around by the face mask in front of a ref without it resulting in a flag against Denver was blatant.  Broncos spearing Cam repeatedly with their helmets was infuriating as well.

Washington minority owners looking to sell their stake in the teams.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/washingtons-minority-stakeholders-have-taken-big-step-toward-selling-their-parts

Fred Smith, Dwight Schar and Robert Rothman have enlisted the services of Moag & Company in order to evaluate buyers and assist them in the process of divesting. Reports have estimated that the trio has about a 40-percent share of the organization.

Archived