• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok what the hell is happening with the Washington NFL team?

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Don't worry guys.

Not only is the NFL apparently not investigating, they are letting the only investigation being Washington investigate themselves.

Not an independent investigator.  But one Washington (so Dan Snyder) is paying themselves.

Damn.  JR must have really fallen out of favor with the NFL.  There will be no better time the next 20 years to get Snyder out of the NFL and get Bezos in.  

12 minutes ago, pnthrs said:

Damn.  JR must have really fallen out of favor with the NFL.  There will be no better time the next 20 years to get Snyder out of the NFL and get Bezos in.  

JR used a racial slur and was accused himself. These were employees accused. He is getting off for this and will be back in it at some point because he is a POS.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

JR used a racial slur and was accused himself. These were employees accused. He is getting off for this and will be back in it at some point because he is a POS.

Im aware.  Jerry isn't the only NFL owner, player or employee to use a slur.  Jerry is also not the only owner accused of sexual harassment.  JR had NDAs that were broken.  I bet you 100$ Snyder has NDAs that haven't been exposed yet.   Regardless, JR deserved to go plus it was probably his time anyway.  Perhaps other people in the NFL deserve to go.  I am just blown away the NFL went so hard after JR and other folks get to pick and chose their own fate.  This isn't an impartial investigation even if the owner can pay lawyers to hide from it.  

Remember JR tried to hire Erskin Bowles to do a "private investigation" into this mis conduct.  The NFL slapped that aside and took over.  If the NFL wants you out, you are out.  

17 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Swinging Philly around by the face mask in front of a ref without it resulting in a flag against Denver was blatant.  Broncos spearing Cam repeatedly with their helmets was infuriating as well.

It was a rigged game

I remember seeing an interview with London Fletcher a couple years ago.  I remember him saying Snyder would make the players call him Mister and if you werent a superstar you couldn't look at him when adressing him. There were other things but I can't remember.

Owner relentlessly mocks sales executive for being a male cheerleader, forces him to do cartwheels for the entertainment of executives.

Sales exec transfers shame, humiliation onto the people who he has power over.

Sales exec is declared the problem and fired, owner gets off free. Gross.

A few thoughts:

1. Succession is a documentary. 

2. This was supposed to never happen again. Remember the Rachel Nichols interview with Mark Cuban? That image--Cuban sputtering and apologizing and looking like an idiot trying to say that he didn't know what was happening to his own employees, twenty feet away from him--was supposed to put ownership across all of the major sports leagues on notice. Every billionaire should've seen that tape, walked into work the next day, and hired a hell of an HR team to make sure that they didn't end up in that seat next. Because after that, they couldn't claim that they didn't know. They couldn't claim that they couldn't do anything about it. Why couldn't you protect your employees? That should've been the question that everybody feared. But Snyder didn't. 

3. The NFL is, apparently, ready to fail another open-note test. They should be issuing guidelines for every team to set up adequate anonymous reporting and thorough investigation guidelines within their HR departments. The league's response so far indicates that they're not interested in making any sort of public statements like that. Deny and let it blow over seems to be their strategy here. The news is really noisy right now, so they'll probably get away with it. This time.

4. I feel bad for Ron, and I'm disappointed in him.  “We’re hoping to get people to understand that they need to judge us on where we are and where we’re going, as opposed to where we’ve been."  First of all, why are you part of "us" here? You weren't there! You don't have to take the blame for this. Dan Snyder should be doing that. Stop being his meat shield. Second, there's been no indication that they're in any better of a place now than they were before! The organization knew that this was coming; that's why people got fired. But the steps that would've actually mattered--beefing up HR, hiring women into positions of power, letting these women out of their NDA's--aren't being taken or even talked about. Instead, they hired Ron Rivera's daughter? Jesus. They're in the same place.

5. I hope the players take some sort of action. Almost everybody in this story can be replaced. They don't have enough power to change this. Upper-tier NFL stars are basically the only people in that organization who can't be. Nobody else can really stand up for the women in the organization and compel the type of change that can prevent this from happening again, so even though it shouldn't end up on their plates, I hope they take a stand against this. 

6. They don't really have to reckon with this. The league, the owners, the organizations, they're all insulated from any real sort of profit hit from a story like this. The Panthers didn't get any less popular after JR went down, and I don't remember anybody demanding to see why nobody else in the office did anything, or how they improved their office culture under Tepper. But this got close to touching a lot more people than it did--the story about the famous bar at the NFL Combine especially. I'm sure that a lot of people were there that night that don't want their names in a story like this down the line, and I hope they're pushing for some change, too (but I'm sure they're not).

3 hours ago, pnthrs said:

Im aware.  Jerry isn't the only NFL owner, player or employee to use a slur.  Jerry is also not the only owner accused of sexual harassment.  JR had NDAs that were broken.  I bet you 100$ Snyder has NDAs that haven't been exposed yet.   Regardless, JR deserved to go plus it was probably his time anyway.  Perhaps other people in the NFL deserve to go.  I am just blown away the NFL went so hard after JR and other folks get to pick and chose their own fate.  This isn't an impartial investigation even if the owner can pay lawyers to hide from it.  

Remember JR tried to hire Erskin Bowles to do a "private investigation" into this mis conduct.  The NFL slapped that aside and took over.  If the NFL wants you out, you are out.  

JR was a perfect storm. The NDAs leaking, the accusations directly against the owner and the fact it was sexual harassment and racism. Add in it sure seemed like he had some people out for him personally and he wasn't prepared for it. It was completely out of control for him but in the end he walked with billions and a crappy statue he tried to force upon us all. 

Snyder hasn't been directly accused of anything and it looks like they are using Ron as a poster boy while they cover up the reasons why they got to this point and just 'fix' everything with new hires. The NFL is letting him do his own investigation. 

I'm happy to watch Synder get exposed, I just don't think it's right now unless something like direct accusations comes out. 

4 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

You gotta know how fugged you are when they keep calling you (the head coach) out like an HR manager to talk to the press... and you've only been there for 6 months.

What if.. he was Hired.. to control, mitigate and be diplomatic in this scandal to help with relations and help soften the blow?

Archived