• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton "Nobody Called Me....They Sent a Text"

PantherBoy95

46 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Didn't Cam multiple times downplay injuries that resulted in longer recovery periods?  Didn't the team draft specifically for Cam for multiple years that resulted in how empty our depth is now due to none of them working out? 

It's easy to point the finger at the Panthers organization but come on.  Cam isn't the Carolina Panthers.  He had some amazing seasons here and playmaking that will likely never be surpassed by anyone.  We treated him like the Franchise but it just didn't work out. 

Quarterbacks seldom have long careers, especially when your game includes a lot of rushing.  Running backs start to decline at Cam's age and Cam without the running ability is an average QB that wanted to be treated like a top 5  QB.   

loll your whole post is trash.

Again with the criticizing Cam for downplaying his injuries and wanting to get on the field. Any other player would be applauded for it. I’ve seen posters on here criticize our own players for not getting on the field due to injuries. I’ve seen players on here criticized for not getting on the playing field in weeks due to concussions. Ive seen it with Oher, Otah, and I’ve seen KK being criticized for not being on the field

Most players are playing with injuries and applauded for it. For some reason, that is used against Cam. 

But then again, I’ve seen individuals say Mahomes isn’t an elite QB, so pardon me if I don’t think a lot of people on here are able to judge QB play

Cam is not a RB, and his QB numbers are above average. Again, before he was injured, he was completing passes at a clip above 65% and he’s always been able to make every throw.

Calling him a RB has been going on since he got here. He showed he is above average without the running. During his MVP season, he excelled at both QB and RB.

1 hour ago, CatTower said:

Didn't Cam multiple times downplay injuries that resulted in longer recovery periods?  Didn't the team draft specifically for Cam for multiple years that resulted in how empty our depth is now due to none of them working out? 

It's easy to point the finger at the Panthers organization but come on.  Cam isn't the Carolina Panthers.  He had some amazing seasons here and playmaking that will likely never be surpassed by anyone.  We treated him like the Franchise but it just didn't work out. 

Quarterbacks seldom have long careers, especially when your game includes a lot of rushing.  Running backs start to decline at Cam's age and Cam without the running ability is an average QB that wanted to be treated like a top 5  QB.   

What a garbage post and you had the audacity to demand respect. LOL

These trolls on this board are becoming pretty insufferable.  All they do is provide 0 content and put out bait posts waiting in their caves to attack any type of post that doesn't align with their perfect worldviews.  I'm not even going to try.

Lol at trolls. These trolls have been on this board before Cam even was thought of. 

It’s no surprise that certain folks can dish out disrespect but can’t take it. Running to the board police subliminally all while taking their shots. If you can’t handle the heat then stay out the kitchen(aka threads pertaining to Cam)

”Hes fake, he isn’t real”

Call them out, “wahhhh, I’m being personally attacked”

*insert Kobe Bryant soft gif* soft!!

48 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Again with the criticizing Cam for downplaying his injuries and wanting to get on the field. Any other player would be applauded for it. I’ve seen posters on here criticize our own players for not getting on the field due to injuries. I’ve seen players on here criticized for not getting on the playing field in weeks due to concussions. Ive seen it with Oher, Otah, and I’ve seen KK being criticized for not being on the field

Most players are playing with injuries and applauded for it. For some reason, that is used against Cam. 

But then again, I’ve seen individuals say Mahomes isn’t an elite QB, so pardon me if I don’t think a lot of people on here are able to judge QB play

The Mahomes not being elite will be one of the all-time most boneheaded takes. Did we ever figure out who that was that said that?

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The Mahomes not being elite will be one of the all-time most boneheaded takes. Did we ever figure out who that was that said that?

I know, but I ain’t going to call him out. That’s not my thing. I’m probably not liked, but it’s not in my nature to call folks out

7 hours ago, AggieLean said:

I know, but I ain’t going to call him out. That’s not my thing. I’m probably not liked, but it’s not in my nature to call folks out

the tom brady is a system qb went on for what, 5 years?   or the russell wilson isn't that good conversation

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

@WarHeel there’s still time to recant you Patrick Mahomes take before it’s too late lol 

Like I said, I’d like to see one more year of consistency. He’s had a couple of really solid years but not ready to crown him king of the QBs. Although with Brees and Brady on their way out he is the logical guy to be at the top currently IF he can replicate what he’s put out thus far.

Not sure why holding on making bold claims is considered so baffling in this forum.

14 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Cam is not a RB, and his QB numbers are above average. Again, before he was injured, he was completing passes at a clip above 65% and he’s always been able to make every throw.

Calling him a RB has been going on since he got here. He showed he is above average without the running. During his MVP season, he excelled at both QB and RB.

People also forget the scheme we were running too or just choose to ignore it. Our system was to look deep in order to open up things underneath and also the run game. So to get close to or at 60% in that scheme, especially when you have dumbasses like Shula and Rivera at the helm as well as far lesser talent at the receiver position, is impressive. He was at or close to 60% 6 times in his career. I consider close as 1 or 2 percent away. Two of those years were within the first 3 years of his career. His first f**king year was at 60%!  All of this with hardly any oline or not that many weapons for nearly his entire time in Carolina. His percentage sky rocketed to nearly 70% when we finally got a competent OC in Norv after so many years, but it was too little too late as per usual under Rivera. F**k everyone.

Archived