• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton "Nobody Called Me....They Sent a Text"

PantherBoy95

So, just want to be clear....

The guy who puts out tweets, IGs, FBs, tik-toks and who knows what else in a font nearly impossible to read; the guy who took his situation into the public domain; the guy who made the decision to put off surgery and therefore jeopardized his future with the team knowing that he wouldn't be 100% come FA and draft time, is upset because the team allegedly notified him via text message?

Show me the text (didn't watch the vid, did he put it out there for everyone to read for themselves?) and I might have my doubts, but in an era when players are so much into social media their cell phones are on the bench with them, don't get mad when someone communicates with you the same way you communicate with them.

Maybe all these cryptic passive aggressive social media messages he put out were a turnoff. It's a two way street.

I think he's a good human. People certainly seem to like him a lot. Maybe at some point speaking directly to the team would have been better for his future in Carolina.

25 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Is it me or is qb1 getting even MORE press since signing with the pats. I swear he is in your face everyday now.

That's just the media making money off clicks to bigger fanbases.  The same thing happened when Kemba left town.  All of a sudden, the media says this guy is a star after they've been ignoring him for years.  Sad thing is a lot of fans actually get their information from this biased media.

If your SO breaks up with you by text, you can be damned certain they've pretty much had all they can take of you. They are no longer ready to move on, they've moved. 

Cam's a heck of a guy, but really, you have to look at how this is shaking out. All of the bad talking has been from Cam's side, in effect he has been bemoaning the break up in the public square, actually before it officially happened. The Panthers organization hasn't said anything bad about him, and have made it a point not to mention him since he was released. They haven't engaged in the debate.

As an adult, you kind of have to step back, look at it and say, yeah, let's all move on. Good luck in your new endeavors, hope you find happiness. Thanks for the good times.

Because all of this sh!t is getting old.

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

If your SO breaks up with you by text, you can be damned certain they've pretty much had all they can take of you. They are no longer ready to move on, they've moved. 

Cam's a heck of a guy, but really, you have to look at how this is shaking out. All of the bad talking has been from Cam's side, in effect he has been bemoaning the break up in the public square, actually before it officially happened. The Panthers organization hasn't said anything bad about him, and have made it a point not to mention him since he was released. They haven't engaged in the debate.

As an adult, you kind of have to step back, look at it and say, yeah, let's all move on. Good luck in your new endeavors, hope you find happiness. Thanks for the good times.

Because all of this sh!t is getting old.

New owner. 

New coach.

All the players speak well of him in the locker room. 

You wasted a lot of time with this bad analogy. 

1 hour ago, Call Me James said:

New owner. 

New coach.

All the players speak well of him in the locker room. 

You wasted a lot of time with this bad analogy. 

Here is an analogy. 

Your Dad (Richardson and Hurney) live in the backwoods and came into some money, so they leased a rare Porche.  Payments were extended (ballooned), so they got it cheap for the first four years.  They drove it down gravel roads, four-wheeling, and they drove it hard.  It got banged up a lot, nicks and dings, and occasionally had to to in the shop for a quick repair.  After four years of great reliability and mileage, they decided to extend it for four more years--but this time, the rare Porche had a reputation, so it would be about 5 times more expensive than before.  No problem--the Porsche still ran great and it was the envy of many.  they had nearly forgotten the Pintos and Chrystlers that used to be in the garage.  The driver (RR) took major risks in that car and did not take good care of it at all times--he used it to serve himself and he or the owners rarely chose the best roads or selected the best protection plans and insurance.  Now they were paying a lot more for a Porsche that was showing signs of premature aging.  In fact, during the second four years of ownership, the car, spent a lot of time in the shop, as RR was forced to drive Dodge Neons and Kias.  Oh how he missed his Porche, the car that twice got him "Driver of the Year" and took him all the way to the biggest car show in the world.  Over that last 4 years of ownership, JR was paying a huge payment and the car had one solid year and three where it sputtered, needed alignment, and had major engine and rotation restoration.  The lease expired again.  This time, the dealer wanted to increase the lease 150% higher than the second lease.  He said the car is in the shop and will be as good as it used to be when it is repaired.  You can't drive it however, unless you sign another four year lease. 

Your Dad passes on and leaves the car to you.  It is your decision to make.  Sure, you would love to own this rare Porche, but you realize their could be more road in its rearview mirror than out its windshield.  You also realize that signing that lease costs you in areas such as insurance and protection.  The Porche's horn sounds good and it looks good on the outside, but you can't kick the tires or take it for a test drive before the lease must be signed. 

Do you sign the lease? discovery channel car GIF by Discovery Europe

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is an analogy. 

Your Dad (Richardson and Hurney) live in the backwoods and came into some money, so they leased a rare Porche.  Payments were extended (ballooned), so they got it cheap for the first four years.  They drove it down gravel roads, four-wheeling, and they drove it hard.  It got banged up a lot, nicks and dings, and occasionally had to to in the shop for a quick repair.  After four years of great reliability and mileage, they decided to extend it for four more years--but this time, the rare Porche had a reputation, so it would be about 5 times more expensive than before.  No problem--the Porsche still ran great and it was the envy of many.  We had nearly forgotten the Pintos and Chrystlers that used to be in the garage.  The driver (RR) took major risks in that car and did not take good care of it at all times--he used it to serve himself and he or the owners rarely chose the best roads or selected the best protection plans and insurance.  Now they were paying a lot more for a Porsche that was showing signs of premature aging.  In fact, during the second four years of ownership, the car, spent a lot of time in the shop, as RR was forced to drive Dodge Neons and Kias.  Oh how he missed his Porche, the car that twice got him "Driver of the Year" and took him all the way to the biggest car show in the world.  Over that last 4 years of ownership, JR was paying a huge payment and the car had one solid year and three where it sputtered, needed alignment, and had major engine and rotation restoration.  The lease expired again.  This time, the dealer wanted to increase the lease 150% higher than the second lease.  He said the care is in the shop and will be as good as it used to be when it is repaired.  You can't drive it however, unless you sign another four year lease. 

Your Dad passes on and leaves the car to you.  It is your decision to make.  Sure, you would love to own this rare Porche, but you realize their could be more road in its rearview mirror than out its windshield.  You also realize that signing that lease costs you in areas such as insurance and protection.  The Porche's horn sounds good and it looks good on the outside, but you can't kick the tires or take it for a test drive before the lease must be signed. 

Do you sign the lease? discovery channel car GIF by Discovery Europe

Cars aren’t human beings 

cars don’t give time and millions to charity 

cars don’t overcome  every other bad car around them to make the others better 

not all cars are driven by Mike Shula 

Cam is gone. Time moves on. Nfl players certainly do.  He has every right to feel as he does and say what he says 

he lives it, we don’t.   

Tepper had a chance to prove he wasn’t a prick.  All it would have taken was a phone call.   He failed.  Not the first time and won’t be the last 

29 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Cars aren’t human beings 

cars don’t give time and millions to charity 

cars don’t overcome  every other bad car around them to make the others better 

not all cars are driven by Mike Shula 

Cam is gone. Time moves on. Nfl players certainly do.  He has every right to feel as he does and say what he says 

he lives it, we don’t.   

Tepper had a chance to prove he wasn’t a prick.  All it would have taken was a phone call.   He failed.  Not the first time and won’t be the last 

You are correct--cars are not human beings.  That is why it is called, an ANALOGY.   However, after criticizing the analogy without intelligent argument, you extend it with the Shula reference to driving a car. 

How was Cam making the players around him better when he was injured or on the sideline?  Let me break it down for you:

• 2016--not much. 
  • 2017--yes, he did make them better,
  • 2018--not much. 
  • 2019--hardly at all. 

Now get your checkbook out---Cam wants 4 more years at $30m a pop.  Half of the emotional, human being Cam nut huggers on here would have paid the man---but the rest of the league did NOT.  Have you seen the list of free agent QBs that were signed ahead of Cam-for more money?  And they knew everything you mentioned in your response--all that fluff and glory days cherry picking.  Does the rest of that crap you mentioned matter.  That would be a big ole bowl of NOPE.

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

You are correct--cars are not human beings.  That is why it is called, an ANALOGY.   However, after criticizing the analogy without intelligent argument, you extend it with the Shula reference to driving a car. 

How was Cam making the players around him better when he was injured or on the sideline?  Let me break it down for you:

• 2016--not much. 
  • 2017--yes, he did make them better,
  • 2018--not much. 
  • 2019--hardly at all. 

Now get your checkbook out---Cam wants 4 more years at $30m a pop.  Half of the emotional, human being Cam nut huggers on here would have paid the man---but the rest of the league did NOT.  Have you seen the list of free agent QBs that were signed ahead of Cam-for more money?  And they knew everything you mentioned in your response--all that fluff and glory days cherry picking.  Does the rest of that crap you mentioned matter.  That would be a big ole bowl of NOPE.

Cam is not an easy fit into the system and we saw the result of that once he actually did hit FA. I believe that things he has said and done prior to his release hurt him, ie. the comment about Olsen having to help with play calls, the video about hiding his injury from the team, the way he dresses at press conferences, etc. Winning makes people forget about those things but we weren't winning consistently with Cam. I know there are a lot of other factors involved that aren't Cam, but unfortunately, as the QB, it all falls on you, justified or not. It will be interesting to see what Billy B does with him and how he adapts to a new scheme and coach. Cam is a unique player, virtually one of a kind, and people need to remember that. I look forward to seeing him succeed in NE. As long as they aren't playing us. 

And no, I wouldn't sign the lease. 

41 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Cam is not an easy fit into the system and we saw the result of that once he actually did hit FA. I believe that things he has said and done prior to his release hurt him, ie. the comment about Olsen having to help with play calls, the video about hiding his injury from the team, the way he dresses at press conferences, etc. Winning makes people forget about those things but we weren't winning consistently with Cam. I know there are a lot of other factors involved that aren't Cam, but unfortunately, as the QB, it all falls on you, justified or not. It will be interesting to see what Billy B does with him and how he adapts to a new scheme and coach. Cam is a unique player, virtually one of a kind, and people need to remember that. I look forward to seeing him succeed in NE. As long as they aren't playing us. 

And no, I wouldn't sign the lease. 

I get the love for Cam, and yes, he carried the team at times,and there were times the defense carried the offense.  We forget that--but that is true for every team.

I wonder how good BB really is---Cam is a different animal, and the things that made him great are not 23 any more.  I really like Cam the person---he was great for the franchise--but you do not reward yesterday with tomorrow's grocery money.

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

... the way he dresses at press conferences, etc....

In 2020 is it remotely possible that anyone who owns a pro sports team of any kind is oblivious to the fact that professional athletes sometimes have expansive personalities?

If I am paying a qb 20+ million dollars a year to lead my team on the field in an insanely competitive league, close to the top of the list of things I couldn’t possibly give two yak poops about has got to be what he wears to the freaking press conference. People keep lumping this in as a negative against him in the same breathe with things like his injuries and hiding them etc. that are actually relevant factors to consider. Why they insist on doing so is a complete mystery to me.

Archived