• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sources say no NFL preseason this year

Jeremy Igo

The organization itself and all the behind the scenes people need the preseason more than the players to a degree. It takes a lot of coordination of PT workers to put on a major event. If we didn't, Game 1 would be a crap shoot. 

1 hour ago, Kyle82 said:

Just checked my Ticket account and both preseason tix have been removed; they were there last week :eyeroll:

Thats because they cancelled weeks 1 & 4 (both home games for us) and said they would give each team a home game. If there's a preseason, the Panthers will get one home game back. 

8 hours ago, t96 said:

How games without fans (or with fans) would be operated with COVID procedures as well as travel procedures.

Eh....I view that as just more opportunity for exposure, TBH. I would say not worth the risk of the season as a whole. I am also not getting that chunk of change they generate.

30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh....I view that as just more opportunity for exposure, TBH. I would say not worth the risk of the season as a whole. I am also not getting that chunk of change they generate.

If they couldn’t even make it through two preseason games while testing all the procedures then they certainly couldn’t have a season and would just shut it down then. Better to have that happen in the trial phase of preseason than after the season actually officially starts.

Big Ten expected to announce in the next two weeks if they will cancel/postpone fall sports. If they cancel, you can go ahead and forget about any college sports for the rest of the year. We can hope and be optimistic, but I think every person reading this who has critical thinking ability knows what is going to happen. It’s going to be a very gloomy fall. 

2 hours ago, toldozer said:

Yeah everyone knows your boy Roy orchestrated all this to take the focus away from the heels sucking.

Heels has a historically bad season. Won’t see another season like that again any time soon. Too bad the tourney got cancelled - I was really excited to see which mid major/no name program dook was going to make famous by an upset again. Oh well. 

30 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Big Ten expected to announce in the next two weeks if they will cancel/postpone fall sports. If they cancel, you can go ahead and forget about any college sports for the rest of the year. We can hope and be optimistic, but I think every person reading this who has critical thinking ability knows what is going to happen. It’s going to be a very gloomy fall. 

The Ivy League has already cancelled all fall sports.

Archived