• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sources say no NFL preseason this year

Jeremy Igo

38 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This is actually a pretty good question. I was wondering that as well. Do they just run it back next year with the same order or would they do a lottery like the NBA does?

I'm assuming it would likely be a weighted lottery system based on the record from the last played season, like the NHL did following their lockout year.

Bruce Arians is optimistic..

“We've got to be careful," Arians said via the Tampa Bay Times. “The players, they're going to all get sick, that's for sure. It's just a matter of how sick they get.”

Meanwhile, the nfl wants to hold 35% of player salaries in escrow to help manage potential losses.

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm assuming it would likely be a weighted lottery system based on the record from the last played season, like the NHL did following their lockout year.

Could you explain how that worked?  DId they pull vegas odds(win totals) into the equation etc? 

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Test run of what? What do they need a test run of?

How games without fans (or with fans) would be operated with COVID procedures as well as travel procedures.

Start in January,  6 regular season division games.  Take your top 7 from each conference.  Playoffs done in 4 weeks you're done by mid March.  Not sure playing will be an option in January but they could put off till then and still have some sort of a season.

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Prob use official data from last year, wins and losses. 

Yeah, pretty sure the NHL used a weighted lottery system based purely off of the results of the previously played season. No way in hell they'd pull in Vegas odds. For one, why would they? For two, there's way too much chance for fugery there.

2 hours ago, toldozer said:

Start in January,  6 regular season division games.  Take your top 7 from each conference.  Playoffs done in 4 weeks you're done by mid March.  Not sure playing will be an option in January but they could put off till then and still have some sort of a season.

Not a terrible idea. I know this may be what happened with college basketball 

Archived