• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sources say no NFL preseason this year

Jeremy Igo

So, will players just not be paid since there are no games? Do they gain a year in their contracts or just push the contracts out one year. If we get the 7th pick in the draft that would suck because we won’t be that good. Cincy would own the gold mine. Trade Burrow and draft Lawrence or vice versa. We’ll draft another T. Our luck, we’d win the first two because half the other teams can’t play and get pick 30.

What a freaking mess no season will be.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How will they handle the draft if no season?

This is actually a pretty good question. I was wondering that as well. Do they just run it back next year with the same order or would they do a lottery like the NBA does?

18 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This is actually a pretty good question. I was wondering that as well. Do they just run it back next year with the same order or would they do a lottery like the NBA does?

A lottery is most likely. Another option would be calculating position by average performance over the last few seasons or something similar. Either way, we lose out unless we trade big.

If we do play though, look out. A bunch of rookies on D, rookies all over the coaching staff, no OTAs or preseason to work things out....

Archived