• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mahomes gets a 10 year deal.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, bababoey said:

I see what you are saying I just don't look at it that way.  Right now Mahomes is the best QB in the game and he is 24 I think.  Assuming he never gets any better, which he should, the minute he becomes the 2nd highest paid QB in the game and he is under 30 he becomes a bargain. 

Yeah, you are definitely on a different planet than me on that one.

12 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but I thought it was interesting. 
FFDB7A0B-2206-474F-9EE4-7265E7FF7BAC.thumb.jpeg.fce74d622ffde740a340e5b33304657a.jpeg

That's not really a fair comparison since those guys are on their rookie contracts (most of them anyways). 

11 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but I thought it was interesting. 
FFDB7A0B-2206-474F-9EE4-7265E7FF7BAC.thumb.jpeg.fce74d622ffde740a340e5b33304657a.jpeg

All those guys are still on there rookie deals.  You could do the same thing with QB making in the 30 million dollar range.

18 hours ago, Wes21 said:

That's not really a fair comparison since those guys are on their rookie contracts (most of them anyways). 

18 hours ago, bababoey said:

All those guys are still on there rookie deals.  You could do the same thing with QB making in the 30 million dollar range.

Well of course it’s not realistic, but interesting nonetheless. 

On 7/7/2020 at 12:09 PM, bababoey said:

The current cap is 200 million.  If it goes up, the way most say in will 20 - 30 million a year for the next 3 years the cap could be 290 million by 2023.  That's basically a 50% increase.  So all these current QB deals that are getting 30 million a year would be equivalent to 45 million in 2023.  That's what Mahomes is getting now.  So lets say Daniel Jones signs a new deal in 2023 for 45 million a year.  Would you rather have Daniel Jones for 6 years at 45 million or Mahomes for 7 more years at 45 million?  No matter how good Jones turns out to be that should really not be a question.

Cap can go down and thats what may happen in 2021. 

Archived