• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mahomes gets a 10 year deal.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

It's % based of the cap. This is what will help keep the chiefs competitive for years. All qb's need to do this.

Not true, it’s 10 years $450M, no tie to salary cap, still awaiting structure details.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

signed through 2031; extensions include the remaining years.

Add up the years chief. Signed through 2031 is 12 seasons (2 left on rookie deal + 10 year extension).

25 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Over 400M, which is 40M a year. They just destroyed the market.

Yes but the length of the contract was very team friendly and smart. This deal will be a complete steal sooner rather than later, I could see 5-10 QBs making more than him within 3 years for sure.

16 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's been 10 years since Brees won the Super Bowl, too. Locking up the best quarterback you've ever had can sometimes look like guaranteed championships, but it isn't actually a guarantee at all.

As good as Brees has been throughout his career, he has never even come close to the level of Mahomes through just 2 seasons as a starter.

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I remember arguing with whatever idiot that was. 

I vaguely recall that too. Wasn’t the guy a huge Russell Wilson fan or something, claiming Wilson was 10x better than Mahomes or some crap?

Just now, t96 said:

I vaguely recall that too. Wasn’t the guy a huge Russell Wilson fan or something, claiming Wilson was 10x better than Mahomes or some crap?

No, I don't think it had anything to do with Wilson. He just drew some random odd line into the sand about Mahomes. 

I want to say he included some laughable QB's that were "more elite" than Mahomes.

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

Not true, it’s 10 years $450M, no tie to salary cap, still awaiting structure details.

Add up the years chief. Signed through 2031 is 12 seasons (2 left on rookie deal + 10 year extension).

edit: newest tweet. You are correct sir.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Yes but the length of the contract was very team friendly and smart. This deal will be a complete steal sooner rather than later, I could see 5-10 QBs making more than him within 3 years for sure.

Nah, I agree but what’s the next highest right now? 35M? He’s going to be over 40 a year easy.  

My point is they just raised the QB market but 5 million because they didn’t give a fug about other teams. Reid’s trying to build a patriots-esque dynasty around Mahomes. While everyone one was nickel-and-diming before the new CBA, with a mil there, half a mil here. KC said fug it and really just threw a serious wrench into everything.

Archived