• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biking

fitty76

Getting into road biking.  (Although I'm using my mountain bike right now).  This is something that I never thought I would like, but now I feel like I've been missing out.  Do people here bike much?  Are their any good (not serious) bike groups in Charlotte?  It would be nice to ride with other people.        

I stopped riding around 40, not long after I moved to NC from SoCal. I found the country roads where I lived were far more dangerous as a rider than the roads I normally traveled and trained on in CA. That being said- good on ya! I rode 6 days a week, averaged about 250 miles per week and loved every minute of it. I did some road racing and charity rides, but mostly focused on triathlons, even qualified for the Ironman in 1985 and 1987. 

Always good to ride with a group, even if it's only once a week on a Saturday morning or something. A group ride will immediately let you know how you're developing. Road riding in a group requires trust and twitch reflexes when you put your front wheel on someone's back wheel, or it's your turn to pull. Check some of the local bike shops- they always know the who's and when's of the groups around town. 

It'll get you in shape real quick, too. Good luck and have fun! 

https://www.meetup.com/topics/bike/us/nc/charlotte/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived