• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL to limit media access to training camp and preseason

Jeremy Igo

NFL is trying very HARD to have a season this year. But it’s not gonna happen. The first player to get the virus while season is in play will have his entire team quarantined and probably the other teams they were in contact with.

its not gonna work.

2 hours ago, LegioX said:

NFL is trying very HARD to have a season this year. But it’s not gonna happen. The first player to get the virus while season is in play will have his entire team quarantined and probably the other teams they were in contact with.

its not gonna work.

Yeah, I commend their efforts. Can't blame them considering the $$$ at risk. But yeah, odds are very high if not virtually guaranteed that they ultimately get derailed.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I commend their efforts. Can't blame them considering the $$$ at risk. But yeah, odds are very high if not virtually guaranteed that they ultimately get derailed.

Consider the money at risk if the NFL is proven negligent in a player's death due to not providing a safe workplace.

4 hours ago, CatTower said:

Consider the money at risk if the NFL is proven negligent in a player's death due to not providing a safe workplace.

Players can and will have a choice as to whether or not they put themselves at risk. It is completely ridiculous to even consider the possibility of holding the NFL accountable for a player getting sick or dying. They’re much more likely to get it in their day to day life and things they do outside of football than during their work.

9 hours ago, LegioX said:

its not gonna work.

If you test daily, why quarantine everyone else? 

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You act like it's a bad thing. Media followers and believers will have you think covid is a death sentence, but at 99.98% survivability....who the fug cares? You're not gonna die unless you have underlining conditions. NFL knows this and is just trying to have a season and make money.

I had covid in January and had no idea I did... That's how fuging lame it is. Learn to separate lies and truth and you'll be ok

12 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

You act like it's a bad thing. Media followers and believers will have you think covid is a death sentence, but at 99.98% survivability....who the fug cares? You're not gonna die unless you have underlining conditions. NFL knows this and is just trying to have a season and make money.

I had covid in January and had no idea I did... That's how fuging lame it is. Learn to separate lies and truth and you'll be ok

This right here is why COVID is booming in America while the rest of the developed world is doing much better. 

14 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Players vote for no preseason

there is not going to be football this fall, pro or college

and nba won’t last two weeks

baseball may have a chance

A couple of weeks ago, I said I was 50/50 on whether a season would be started and 99% on the season ultimately being derailed if started. Now, I'd out those numbers more like 80/20 and 1000%.

13 hours ago, brandon_87 said:

In the US the death rate among positive tests is 4.55%. Not sure where you are getting your numbers.  Big difference between that and .02%. 

I understand that the death rate goes down as we discover how many  how many are likely positive but not tested but what is this .02% number?

Archived