• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated info regarding this NFL season.

Jeremy Igo

12 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Screenshot_20200703-220012_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200703-220001_Twitter.jpg

This sounds right. If there is going to be a season, it will be based on the honor system of not going out and risking infection. In other words, this just isn't going to work.

Ding ding. No season this year. To many players and to much contact between players in games. All it takes is 1 guy to affect an entire team or “teams” and it will snowball.

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

Older teams built to win now are screwed for 2020. Good thing we're built to lose now and we won't even have to play. Winning.

How would 2021 draft work? Everyone picks a player from a team and they have a battle royal? Whoever wins gets #1 pick?

26 minutes ago, LegioX said:

How would 2021 draft work? Everyone picks a player from a team and they have a battle royal? Whoever wins gets #1 pick?

I think we'll be in the same order as the last draft but maybe a lottery to allow for a little movement up or down based on luck.

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

School districts that probably make less than $50,000 a year from HS football are trying to get football to happen. The NFL won’t budge until a governmental order shuts it down. 

I wouldn't hold my breath on a governmental shutdown unless a player dies (unlikely). 

13 hours ago, mav1234 said:

NFL teams are just too large. It isnt just the players... or the coaches... its also all the support personnel. And a lot of the people involved are high risk..  I just don't see how this could realistically work.  

You have 6 games to get through the season then just end it. That's a month and half so expose won't have time to sprawl through the entire league. 

7 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I'm waiting for an official announcement on refunds, as in the actual date PSL holders can start requesting them.  I suspect it won't be for another month as the League and teams will wait as long as possible to make that decision refunding season ticket holders.

It only makes sense for season tickets holders to get refunded...forfeiting their PSLs for just this season and then sell ALL seats on a per game basis as things remain fluid, that is if some fans are actually allowed.  That way people who purchase tickets for a particular game actually WANT to be there (understanding the perils). This is a much better solution than having PSL owners that feel obligated to go because the tickets were already paid for in the season package or unjustly burdening them to find buyers in the midst of a pandemic.

I agree

i just want my money back 

they can do whatever they want with my two seats.  

18 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Screenshot_20200703-220012_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200703-220001_Twitter.jpg

This sounds right. If there is going to be a season, it will be based on the honor system of not going out and risking infection. In other words, this just isn't going to work.

If eating at restaurants is not safe, why are they open?

The thing is COVID is definitely one of those "it just takes one jerk to ruin it for everybody" kind of things.

Dang, I really wanted, needed to see some football this year, but it just isn't going to happen. Too many moving pieces to keep everyone safe.

NFL players are not the brightest bunch in the world. It’s hard enough to try and keep players from going out and committing felonies and other dumb ass poo. Now you want to keep them from riding around and going to restaurants lol.

Just cancel the season already and take the financial hit good lord. People are going to find out real quick sports just aren’t going to work right now.

11 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I'm waiting for an official announcement on refunds, as in the actual date PSL holders can start requesting them.  I suspect it won't be for another month as the League and teams will wait as long as possible to make that decision refunding season ticket holders.

It only makes sense for season tickets holders to get refunded...forfeiting their PSLs for just this season and then sell ALL seats on a per game basis as things remain fluid, that is if some fans are actually allowed.  That way people who purchase tickets for a particular game actually WANT to be there (understanding the perils). This is a much better solution than having PSL owners that feel obligated to go because the tickets were already paid for in the season package or unjustly burdening them to find buyers in the midst of a pandemic.

From the Buffalo Bills on their website, posted June 30th. (Emphasis mine.)   https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-provide-updated-information-to-season-ticket-members-for-2020-season

As guidelines are established, we will communicate them to all ticket purchasers as soon as possible, including any changes to our seating capacity. Until then, we will not be charging or taking any additional season ticket payments.

Please understand that in a reduced capacity scenario, seat locations and availability for season ticket members may be adjusted.

In addition, all season ticket members will be given the opportunity to opt out of their season ticket commitment for this season with an option to return for the 2021 season while maintaining their account seniority and seat location. An email with opt-out information will be sent in the coming days.

Archived