• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No fans allowed in Buffalo home games

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

NY State says no fans allowed to attend Bills home games. Not so much for the stadium, but worries of the tailgating outside.

So the question is will the rest of the NFL follow suit.

Whats the difference between a tailgate and a giant protest?

If they want to have a season, then they need to go ahead and nail down playing out the season in a bubble. And that means getting the NFLPA on board as well. 

This might well mean renting out 32 hotels in a city that has multiple football fields able to take a pro game and the television coverage that goes along with it. It might mean that each hotel becomes a no one in, no one out that isn't part of the organization. Team buses to practice facilities and games. No fans, no hangers on, families left back home until the season ends. Television crews sequestered as well, with all under those same bubble rules. Basically, each team and all of the people associated with the games (down to the officiating crews, medical staff and logistical personnel) would be on the equivalent of a six month overseas deployment like our military does.

Yeah... it won't happen and it won't work. I think if you take a look at how to do it "safely" then you know that players, coaches and all the other folks aren't going to buy in. No matter how much money is involved.

If the season happens at all, it's going to have to be like a Texas bar... just go at it and we'll count the sick and the dead after the fact.

If it at all helps us all have a season then just announce no fans for anyone and get it over with. They have already ditched the 2 useless preseason games, just get rid of the fans and have an 'unless something changes' policy. Watching the constant fumbling on corona is so damn tedious and the half measures is working about as well as a square wheel.

I expect a lot of concessions to be made prior to the season ultimately being cancelled. First there was the cancellation of two preseason game. Next might be the announcement of no fans in stadiums. After that maybe the cancellation of the entire preseason. Then the season will likely be postponed and probably shortened. Ultimately, it'll likely be cancelled altogether.

16 minutes ago, raz said:

how are they gonna play football?  it doesn't even make sense.

Uh, yeah, it totally doesn't.  I feel like they'll attempt to have a season, but players are going to get sick in droves and they'll end up cancelling it.  Too many moving parts to keep a lid on the virus.  I don't see the NBA playing out their season, even in their 'bubble'.  Guys are going to get sick and the rest are going to say 'fug this, we don't want to get sick, too'.

What I want to know is the important questions. How is NY expecting people to Quarantine visiting there state. How are they going to know you are even visiting. New York is New York. North Carolina is North Carolina. Two different regions and two different numbers of spread. 

Archived