• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New England will be good for Cam.

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Cam literally earned the contract that he signed.

Not the last 2 years unless you ascribe to the notion of paying him for what he did in the past. I remember a bunch of threads lambasting Hurney for saying we are giving players a contract to reward them for past performance. And that is the only way you can justify paying him 40 million for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

16 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That doesn't make up for 2018 and 2019. So if CMC gets injured for the next 2 years after this season, did he earn his new contract even though he outperformed his rookie contract?

I look at it like this. Cam took the team to a SB after signing his contract. That year was worth 100mil to me, so I’m good with his overall contract.

He did a lot more with a lot less than other QBs that were paid more.

41 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

So the 2 games he played last year meant he earned the 20 million he made?  

If the labor agreement signed by BOTH the league and the players union says that he is supposed to get paid that salary even if he was injured while doing his damn job?

Yes, it absolutely means that.

You may want to pretend that labor law doesn't exist or that legally bound contracts don't exist, but some of us will refuse to play your little game.

People like you would consider that I don't "earn" my VA disability stipend because I'm not working every day for it.  Guess what... I was injured in the line of duty back in my active-duty years and that's the deal I signed up for and that's the deal the country guaranteed me.

Get over it.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

So the 2 games he played last year meant he earned the 20 million he made?  

Cam was injured.  Injuries are part of football and something you cant plan for.  If a player gets injured, they still earn their paycheck.  So yea he earned his paycheck.

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

I look at it like this. Cam took the team to a SB after signing his contract. That year was worth 100mil to me, so I’m good with his overall contract.

He did a lot more with a lot less than other QBs that were paid more.

Tom Brady has won 6 Superbowls and gave hometown discounts in salary and made little more than Cam who lost 1. So he has also done less than other quarterbacks that were paid less.  

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

Cam was injured.  Injuries are part of football and something you cant plan for.  If a player gets injured, they still earn their paycheck.  So yea he earned his paycheck.

It is part of the game but no when you are injured and not playing you aren't earning your salary. You were paid to play and win . It wasn't an injury settlement.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

If the labor agreement signed by BOTH the league and the players union says that he is supposed to get paid that salary even if he was injured while doing his damn job?

You may want to pretend that labor law doesn't exist or that legally bound contracts don't exist, but some of us will refuse to play your little game.

People like you would consider that I don't "earn" my VA disability stipend because I'm not working every day for it.  Guess what... I was injured in the line of duty back in my active-duty years and that's the deal I signed up for and that's the deal the country guaranteed me.

Get over it.

Give me a break. You arent talking labor law you are talking the CBA agreement which is not the same as general labor law.  Secondly yes injured players do get paid their salary unless there is an injury settlement but that doesn't mean they earned it. Unions which the players union is one of them often can wrangle concessions from owners for a bunch of things. It doesn't.mean it was earned or deserved.  

And your comparison is very weak. Cam isn't disabled nor was he getting a disability check for past service so it is apples and oranges.  Weren't you one of the ones that crucified Hurney when he said he was paying players for past performance instead of present production? That is exactly what you and others seem to suggest.  Cam more than earned his contract until 2018. Since then not much. Did he still get paid? Absolutely.  Should he have been paid. Given he hid the extent of his injuries in 2018 and 2019. No. Did he hide them because he wanted to play and contribute? Yep. So he did it for the right reasons but it hurt the team and he didn't earn it.

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Not the last 2 years unless you ascribe to the notion of paying him for what he did in the past. I remember a bunch of threads lambasting Hurney for saying we are giving players a contract to reward them for past performance. And that is the only way you can justify paying him 40 million for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

I generally haven’t “lambasted” Hurney.

Yes, Cam earned every cent he was paid.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

I generally haven’t “lambasted” Hurney.

Yes, Cam earned every cent he was paid.

I can see Cam fans believe that and it is fine. I am a Panthers fan and I see 11 wins in 32 games with arguably better personnel than he had in 15. So no he didn't earn it.

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Get over it.

The "boot strap" crowd only supports people getting money they didn't "work" for if it is them. Funny how that works.

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I can see Cam fans believe that and it is fine. I am a Panthers fan and I see 11 wins in 32 games with arguably better personnel than he had in 15. So no he didn't earn it.

You’re entitled to believe what you want, just like you’re entitled to “fan” however you want. 

I believe he did earn it.

Archived