• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New England will be good for Cam.

Jeremy Igo

Nice write up here in the washpost

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/29/cam-newton-bill-belichick-patriots/

Belichick has raved about Newton in the past, with good reason: In their limited meetings, Belichick could never stop him. Newton faced the Patriots twice, in 2013 and 2017. In those games, he completed 41 of 57 passes for 525 yards, six touchdowns and one interception while running for 106 yards and a score on 15 carries.

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

Patriots invest in QB protection as part of their standard operating procedures. Something the Panthers never did once during Cam's tenure. It's already a step up for him. I honestly think he's going to rock out there.

In New England, we're going to get a glimpse of what Cam could have been if ole nippleshorts wasn't actively trying to murder him for half a decade.

That’s usually the case when Dante Scarnecchia was there, but now he just retired. 

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. Valid. 

In fairness the quality(and quantity) of cheaper liquor options now is much better, even though the top end of the market is exploding. The push for top end products has actually drug some of the bottom of the scale upwards in some ways.

Inaccurate.  

Bottom shelf products are what they are. Full of undesirables.  

Better understanding of the distillation process, and knowing the the heads and tails go into the cheap, bottom shelf crap, they never get better. 

On the other hand, there are a bunch of mid-priced stuff that beats the poo out of top shelf name brand. 

2 hours ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

I'll be rooting for him and the Pats all season and I hope they win the super bowl. We did him dirty after all he did for the Panthers, theres no damn loyalty in sports. Cam deserves to get that ring now.

Loyalty gives you Drew Bledsoe instead of Tom Brady.

It's going to be exciting seeing how Cam does with a HOF coach. It's in his court now, his competion is weak AF and if he could heal up he has done it by now.

I keep comparing him to Ted and I keep not being excited to see us trot out another Delhomme quality offense at best. Just feels like we went from possibly winning any game to straight mediocrity.

16 hours ago, MVPccaffrey said:

He butted heads with one of the charmin softest sports media markets in the country, and played for a fanbase grateful for him even if the team only won six games.  That won't work in Boston, so he better perform admirably.  But it's a one year deal so I guess low risk for Belichick.  If I recall one season he brought t3bow in to camp so he's definitely not afraid to roll the dice despite media optics.

Maybe he will just copy Belichick's method and just ignore the media.

Archived