• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Define success for the 2020 Panthers

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

winning the division.

Slow down, chief. You're setting yourself up for a major disappointment. I think we have a great opportunity to set ourselves up to run this division in the next 2-3 years, but our prospects vs. our division rivals this coming season don't look promising in the least.

DBKB3OTIUVFYBAAHMZT4EHOS2Y.jpg

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Little looks like he'll be a starting NFL OL

This would be a huge boost as far as I'm concerned. If Little finishes the season with no injuries and looking like he can hold down the LT position, I'm frikkin stoked! The other 3 players I'm hoping to see a lot from are Teddy, Samuel, and Shaq; I'm giving all the rookies a free pass as usual.  I actually expect our offense to look pretty darn good, so a top 10 offense would definitely define success IMO. As for our D, I just hope they're noticeable better in December than they are in September.

5 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

This would be a huge boost as far as I'm concerned. If Little finishes the season with no injuries and looking like he can hold down the LT position, I'm frikkin stoked! The other 3 players I'm hoping to see a lot from are Teddy, Samuel, and Shaq; I'm giving all the rookies a free pass as usual.  I actually expect our offense to look pretty darn good, so a top 10 offense would definitely define success IMO. As for our D, I just hope they're noticeable better in December than they are in September.

LT would just be icing on the cake IMO. Even if he looks like a starting caliber OG I'm fine with that because right now he's trending toward outright bust IMO.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LT would just be icing on the cake IMO. Even if he looks like a starting caliber OG I'm fine with that because right now he's trending toward outright bust IMO.

I'm willing to take rookie years with a grain of salt, especially injury filled rookie years, but, yeah, he looked bad. Hopefully, a year behind Okung, who has had a hell of a career, will help. I assumed at the time that Daley was drafted to play LG, he looked worse than bad last year at LT. Little at LG...hadn't considered that. It might just work.

I think Miller and Schofield will be fine on the right, and we need to extent Moton ASAP. And, honestly 2018 Larsen was better than 2019 Paradis. Paradis is a 4th player that I hope makes a huge upswing.

6 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I'm willing to take rookie years with a grain of salt, especially injury filled rookie years, but, yeah, he looked bad. Hopefully, a year behind Okung, who has had a hell of a career, will help. I assumed at the time that Daley was drafted to play LG, he looked worse than bad last year at LT. Little at LG...hadn't considered that. It might just work.

I think Miller and Schofield will be fine on the right, and we need to extent Moton ASAP. And, honestly 2018 Larsen was better than 2019 Paradis. Paradis is a 4th player that I hope makes a huge upswing.

I'm honestly not surprised Daley looked horrific at LT. I think he was drafted as a pure OG and simply put at LT due to his collegiate experience and the reality that we were fresh out of other options (because apparently Moton @ LT was never considered as an option despite the fact that he's actually successfully filled in at that spot for us before).

of corse winning the division, or making the playoffs is a success.. I will go for the bare minimum for me to label this season a success:

- Be in playoff contention until December
- CMC probowl year
- Moore probowl year
- O-line upper 3rd of the league
- D-line Top 10
- beat Tampa and/or Saints once

1 minute ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

of corse winning the division, or making the playoffs is a success.. I will go for the bare minimum for me to label this season a success:

- Be in playoff contention until December
- CMC probowl year
- Moore probowl year
- O-line upper 3rd of the league
- D-line Top 10
- beat Tampa and/or Saints once

There's really not any difference between "upper 3rd of the league" and "top 10". Either way, you're expecting miraculous turnarounds from two of the worst units in the NFL from last season. That seems pretty unlikely.

I couldn't care less about the Pro Bowl popularity contest.

Archived