• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints player says no NFL season .

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Very true. We’re all being unrealistic thinking we can make this thing go away forever.

Masks are shown to help substantially, but folks seem to be allergic to them.

We’re in for a long few years.

Which is why I think you do move forward with the season, just without fans. Teams can test everyone everyday if needed. 

30 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Which is why I think you do move forward with the season, just without fans. Teams can test everyone everyday if needed. 

This virus is not going anywhere, you protect the old and other vulnerable and everyone else goes back to living like normal. We had the down time for hospitals to get ready with respirators. Herd immunity is going to be a requirement and then we just hope that this virus doesn't mutate and adapt like the influenza virus. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

just start the season Nov 4. that's when the virus will mysteriously become a small thing if the right party wins the white house. if the wrong one wins the virus will be here for 4 more years and NFL will never come back.

Do you honestly believe this? SARS was a huge deal during Obama and it was a small fraction of what COVID is. 

The numbers aren't political. This is the worst health crisis we have had in a century. 

33 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Do you honestly believe this? SARS was a huge deal during Obama and it was a small fraction of what COVID is. 

The numbers aren't political. This is the worst health crisis we have had in a century. 

maybe you should go watch some videos about removing the nutrients from flour, and then realizing they needed to be added back in, or polio, or mumps.    maybe this is the worst idk, but there have been some terrible ones.

34 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

yes. i believe this. In my 60 years of living I have never seen a political party throw a 4 year temper tantrum like the ones we have seen the last 4 years.  This is just the latest manifestation of that. 

11 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

yes. i believe this. In my 60 years of living I have never seen a political party throw a 4 year temper tantrum like the ones we have seen the last 4 years.  This is just the latest manifestation of that. 

You are right, Trump does throw a lot of temper tantrums

Guy is talking about the "risk".... ask a guy like Ryan Shazier about the "risk". It's fuging football. You risk getting brutally injured every time you play. You can't "eliminate" the risk of injury from football and some chose not to play. Players rather risk their brain then get covid-19. What world am I living in?

19 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Guy is talking about the "risk".... ask a guy like Ryan Shazier about the "risk". It's fuging football. You risk getting brutally injured every time you play. You can't "eliminate" the risk of injury from football and some chose not to play. Players rather risk their brain then get covid-19. What world am I living in?

You can't pass on paralysis to a family member. I think you live in a world where you and many others think people are scared to get COVID, when in fact almost every senile person understands it's about giving it to someone else.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You can't pass on paralysis to a family member. I think you live in a world where you and many others think people are scared to get COVID, when in fact almost every senile person understands it's about giving it to someone else.

While I understand stopping the spread of the virus is one of the main reasons for not wanting to play, thinking that being paralyzed wouldn't affect your team and family members is very short sighted. It won't harm them like a virus but I couldn't even fathom dealing with something like that.

Imagine your husband or father is a multimillionaire superstar football player and next thing you know he is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. That is something no one can prepare for and yet players take that risk every time they step onto the field. 

They are talking about playing without fans and taking every possible precaution to make sure no one is showing any signs or symptoms of having the virus. 

I honestly think we should play enough games to end the season and allow the players to get paid some money. Maybe 6 or 7 games. Then just move on to next year when Rona want be as strong. Same for college. 

Archived