• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints player says no NFL season .

Jeremy Igo

45 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Millions of americans have been forced to work this entire time,  what makes football players so special that they get to choose.  I either worked through the pandemic or got fired, it was that simple.

And you think that is going to fly in the NFL right now given the political climate?  Really???? Goodell is going to tell a league full of black men they have to do something they choose not to...or else?  Lol!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

At BEST we are talking about after the season for a vaccine (6 months is a extremely generous estimate) so if that's what folks are waiting for, then the stands are going to be sparse.   That's even if fans are allowed at all.  

I know I won't be going no matter what safety measures are put into effect. There were already plenty of reasons to watch at home instead of attending in person but the Covid 19 was the tipping point for me and I always go to games in person and even flew to London last year to see them play.

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I know I won't be going no matter what safety measures are put into effect. There were already plenty of reasons to watch at home instead of attending in person but the Covid 19 was the tipping point for me and I always go to games in person and even flew to London last year to see them play.

I sell my tickets every year except for a couple of cherry picked games.  I have about a snowball's chance in hell of selling my tickets this year and the couple of games I normally would go to will not even be worth it.   Even if fans are allowed, the experience will be crap with everyone on pins and needles over this virus.

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I sell my tickets every year except for a couple of cherry picked games.  I have about a snowball's chance in hell of selling my tickets this year and the couple of games I normally would go to will not even be worth it.   Even if fans are allowed, the experience will be crap with everyone on pins and needles over this virus.

Exactly. One drunk fellow who falls into you not wearing a mask can set off a confrontation yet alone worrying about getting infected. Not worth it when you can see everything from the safety of your own house.

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

Millions of americans have been forced to work this entire time,  what makes football players so special that they get to choose.  I either worked through the pandemic or got fired, it was that simple.

I sure hope they are providing you with health insurance, then. 

54 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

This time money and resources are being allocated to find a vaccine that have never been available. Literally billions. And it is a world wide effort. The reality is that several vaccines have been developed already and one promising one is already going to begin stage 2 testing on humans. This is 100 times faster than the past. The sticking point has always been waiting to see if the vaccine can protect folks from getting it once antibodies are formed.  That used to take years as you don't want to infect people with the virus but see how many naturally get infected on their own. This time I understand that people are volunteering to go through it to quickly move things along. Plus companies are already producing millions of doses of the vaccine so if it is deemed safe and effective they can roll out doses very quickly. What I have read it that they expect the vaccine to be approved and ready in the next 6-12 months. Now it might be the immunity doesn't last and you will need boosters perhaps yearly.

But I think that this is a novel virus and we are doing novel things. The inevitability of a million or more people dying from Covid 19 is not acceptable or inevitable. And if everyone gets it in this country and only 1/2 of 1% die that is almost 2 million folks. More than every war we have ever fought.

I am very nervous that rushing any vaccine to market quickly might backfire. These aren't really the governments rushing to get it out, it's the big pharma companies. This vaccine will be all about making money, and when money and 1st to market get involved, the population will suffer. I will personally take a wait and see approach on any vaccine that is produced that quickly. It can't have gone through enough time in trials to tell us if it's safe. That stuff takes years to know the true results. I almost trust my body more than the pharma companies on this one. (Disclaimer - I am a healthy adult male under 50, and not part of any risk group. I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV. ) 

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

This time money and resources are being allocated to find a vaccine that have never been available. Literally billions. And it is a world wide effort. The reality is that several vaccines have been developed already and one promising one is already going to begin stage 2 testing on humans. This is 100 times faster than the past. The sticking point has always been waiting to see if the vaccine can protect folks from getting it once antibodies are formed.  That used to take years as you don't want to infect people with the virus but see how many naturally get infected on their own. This time I understand that people are volunteering to go through it to quickly move things along. Plus companies are already producing millions of doses of the vaccine so if it is deemed safe and effective they can roll out doses very quickly. What I have read it that they expect the vaccine to be approved and ready in the next 6-12 months. Now it might be the immunity doesn't last and you will need boosters perhaps yearly.

But I think that this is a novel virus and we are doing novel things. The inevitability of a million or more people dying from Covid 19 is not acceptable or inevitable. And if everyone gets it in this country and only 1/2 of 1% die that is almost 2 million folks. More than every war we have ever fought.

10-15 years is way off based on the current $$$s and vastly improved technologies behind them. Sure, when we didn’t have computers and a million other different technologies, it took a while. The Mumps vaccine in the MMR shots took 4 years and that was in the 60s. The Ebola virus took 5 and that was something that had no funding or big push behind it since it was an Africa thing. It’s like using the travel times from the Gold Rush to determine how fast we can get from the East Coast to the West Coast. 

29 minutes ago, Salescall said:

I am very nervous that rushing any vaccine to market quickly might backfire. These aren't really the governments rushing to get it out, it's the big pharma companies. This vaccine will be all about making money, and when money and 1st to market get involved, the population will suffer. I will personally take a wait and see approach on any vaccine that is produced that quickly. It can't have gone through enough time in trials to tell us if it's safe. That stuff takes years to know the true results. I almost trust my body more than the pharma companies on this one. (Disclaimer - I am a healthy adult male under 50, and not part of any risk group. I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV. ) 

Your alarming lack of tv acting credits just made me dismiss everything else you said before it. I only trust information and opinions I get from famous people on mass media platforms with good skin and the right sort of hair.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm 50/50 on whether a season will be started. I'm 99% on that season ultimately getting derailed if it is started.

That's pretty much me. The variables are pretty crazy. One 'rona bloom could wreck the season if it took down a team or two for a couple of weeks. I guess the question is if the NFL and NFLPA are ready to deal with that possibility. It would be like the injury bug on steroids. 

It could potentially make for an insanely wild season. The real question that has to be answered is what will the Patriots do to gain an unfair advantage?

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That's pretty much me. The variables are pretty crazy. One 'rona bloom could wreck the season if it took down a team or two for a couple of weeks. I guess the question is if the NFL and NFLPA are ready to deal with that possibility. It would be like the injury bug on steroids. 

It could potentially make for an insanely wild season. The real question that has to be answered is what will the Patriots do to gain an unfair advantage?

Infect the starting QB with a Covid-19 positive host. 

4 minutes ago, Salescall said:

After the CDC and government botched the Corona virus response from the beginning so badly, I have little faith in this government under this administration.  At least big pharma is responsive to law suits and losing money unlike the government who does whatever they want. As for me I would rather roll with the vaccine and risk potential infection versus doing nothing and just waiting to be infected which if you don't take the vaccine is inevitable.

Archived