• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints player says no NFL season .

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Okay. You're treating it like a work hazard. It's not like not wearing safety glasses, where if you make a decision, you put yourself at risk. Handling a virus isn't a "personal choice," because it puts other people at risk. Your decision to stay in the workforce isn't just putting you personally at risk. Because if you contract the virus, you can spread it to other people who can spread it to other people, etc. etc.

His "personal decision" to stay home doesn't really help matters, because as long as people are making the "personal decision" to go to work and act as though things are normal, the virus still has an opportunity to find hosts and spread.

And may I remind you, that's still happening. We've got new cases spiking like we haven't seen since April. And that's happening in spite of all the precautions we're supposed to be taking. And in spite of the fact that we've been living with this virus for months, know lots more about it than we did in April, and should be better prepared to stop the spread of the disease. 

image.png.317318660f5d995c74f677bb026765c9.png

^^^You know what that is? That's a poo-ton of "personal decisions" right there. ^^^

So the decision of some people to go back to work is ensuring the virus remains in the population and affects society, including the people who decide to not return to work. I mean, Malcolm can make the decision to not go to work, but he will still be in a society where he's at risk of contracting the virus because other people made the "personal decision" to return to work.  So, what you're suggesting isn't really, "don't go to work." In order for it to be effective, Malcolm would have to completely remove himself from society, which most people cannot do.

What your suggesting is less like work safety goggles, and a lot more more like treating drunk driving is a "personal choice." Yes, it's one person's decision, but it's putting himself and lots of other people at risk. Which is why it's illegal and people should abstain from doing it. The only difference it, if a drunk driver hits someone, they don't also turn into a drunk driver and start driving around drunk and hitting more people.

A former coworker of mine was all about his freedoms and personal choices too. He just got out of a five week stay in the hospital with COVID a couple of days ago. He has a much different viewpoint on this pandemic now.

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm 50/50 on whether a season will be started. I'm 99% on that season ultimately getting derailed if it is started.

Same here, if they play, they're going to have a poo ton of players start testing positive and that's going to spook everyone else, for good reason.  

Just now, blackcat said:

Same here, if they play, they're going to have a poo ton of players start testing positive and that's going to spook everyone else, for good reason.  

If they don't play, they are still going to have players testing positive.

1 minute ago, Wes21 said:

Very true, that's already the case as you know.  My theory is that if they play they're going to have many, many, many players testing positive and I'm betting that will cause a lot more players to have second thoughts about continuing to play.  

Corona Virus isn’t going anywhere. If you don’t play this season, we might as well cancel all seasons. Or I guess if you don’t play this season you’re saying that there will be no football until there’s a vaccine and every player, coach etc is vaccinated. 

13 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

But they won't be infecting everyone else given you can't social distance and play football. If you play you are putting players at risk for no reason. They aren't essential workers and are not needed. Money shouldn't trump human lives and player safety.

10 minutes ago, Jase said:

The 20% of the players who are vets and have made their money won't want to play. 

The 80% of the league that is young and hasn't made a lot of money yet will be more willing to take risks.

You see the same dynamic when it's time to make CBA negotiations.  It works to the owners' advantage.

Yep, think about the bottom level players. They could lose a year of employment and heck some of the late round picks and UDFAs aren’t going to stick at all when maybe they had a chance. There will be two draft classes fighting for the same spots.

16 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

But they won't be infecting everyone else given you can't social distance and play football. If you play you are putting players at risk for no reason. They aren't essential workers and are not needed. Money shouldn't trump human lives and player safety.

They should just call it a protest each Sunday.  Problem solved.

LOTS of people have lost their jobs due to the pandemic. I don't feel sorry for ONE player who hasn't put money into savings or is living above their means. Will it suck for them? Yep, just like it sucks for SO many normal people who lost their job too. Join the club, players.

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

LOTS of people have lost their jobs due to the pandemic. I don't feel sorry for ONE player who hasn't put money into savings or is living above their means. Will it suck for them? Yep, just like it sucks for SO many normal people who lost their job too. Join the club, players.

And why have those people lost their jobs?

Archived