• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else excited for Baseball?

Jeremy Igo

I am not excited for baseball specifically and I am annoyed by the approach both sides took for this. I am however, interested to see how this is navigated. We need things worked out so that we can try to creep back to some sort of normal. I guess I'm saying that I will take what I can in terms of progress.

For me it's the NBA. Tell me when there's 5 min left in the 4th if it's close. Otherwise why bother? Same for the NCAA.

Don't care for the NHL, never had.

Soccer is background TV.

Football drives me insane with the start and stops non stop and too many commercials.

Baseball is perfect. Sit back, maybe cruise the web, drink, eat, RELAX. Innings can technically go 20 min without a commercial. It's the perfect sport. I've also been doing Fantasy Baseball for a decade which makes it even more great to follow.

46 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It is more exciting than soccer, but just barely. Puts it's watchability right around that of pro golf, pro cornhole leagues, pro poker and paint drying.

We all like what we like, but soccer, baseball and football are the three sports I really love. (Well, I love tennis too, but that's a different animal.)

But if I were to rank them in order of excitement, it would be 1) soccer 2) baseball 3) football.

And if I were hypothetically forced to eliminate one from the sports scene (I wouldn't want to), it would be the NFL.

I like baseball much more when I was younger.  And that may have had something to do with being a Braves fan back when they played for something.  

But would like to see baseball come back soon so it can serve as a template to get pro sports back in action.  

My dad watches the Braves every day. Usually makes it to the 3rd inning before he falls asleep.

For me, MLB is the thing that happens between the end of NBA season and the start of the NFL.  I'll take PGA golf over it, any day of the week.

Maybe I'll feel differently if we ever get a team here.

3 hours ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Wow, I can't believe all the hate for baseball. I absolutely love it, and of course I miss it. Baseball certainly has its own rhythms, but to call it boring is purely subjective, of course. From my perspective, baseball is full of drama and intensity. To be fair, I played it for a long time, but there is so much nuance and strategy to appreciate that I could never see it as boring.

I mean, I love football to obviously, but it's not all action all the time either. 3 hours can be condensed into 45 minutes or so. The rest is the same type of "standing around" those who don't like baseball complain about.

Baseball isn’t my cup of tea but obviously many people enjoy it. I can completely appreciate that if you did something for a long time, you are likely to have a deeper appreciation for it. Funny you mention condensing football. I tend to prefer to DVR Panther games and fast forward through almost everything that isn’t game action. Talking heads at halftime? Don’t care. Yet another beer flavored water commercial? Nope. Cheerleaders doing their thing on the sideline?

*Stops fast forwarding*

Helllllllooooo Nurse!

Surprising to all these people here poo on baseball. Makes sense why so many of the people on here make little to no sense about football. Baseball is probably the second best sport behind football. The analytics and the way teams approach the game is similar to football just in a less athletically demanding sport. Drafting players in football and drafting/signing prospects in baseball is integral to each teams success. Development is key to who you want to invest in long term. There’s a lot of science to gaining an advantage on your opponent, not just steroids. Baseball is the singular sport where stats matter almost 100%. I can’t watch the NBA at all anymore its soft an turning into soccer where people are fans of players rather than teams. NCAAB is still decent but also getting softer with the type of players that the game requires now. Hockey is hockey great sport but not many are into it unfortunately. I do not care for soccer at all mainly because the rules are asinine. 

45 minutes ago, Drk89Wng said:

Surprising to all these people here poo on baseball. Makes sense why so many of the people on here make little to no sense about football. Baseball is probably the second best sport behind football. The analytics and the way teams approach the game is similar to football just in a less athletically demanding sport. Drafting players in football and drafting/signing prospects in baseball is integral to each teams success. Development is key to who you want to invest in long term. There’s a lot of science to gaining an advantage on your opponent, not just steroids. Baseball is the singular sport where stats matter almost 100%. I can’t watch the NBA at all anymore its soft an turning into soccer where people are fans of players rather than teams. NCAAB is still decent but also getting softer with the type of players that the game requires now. Hockey is hockey great sport but not many are into it unfortunately. I do not care for soccer at all mainly because the rules are asinine. 

Baseball is insanely boring. At best, it's a halfway decent excuse to get loaded during an afternoon at a ballpark. 

At least in basketball, football, hockey or even...ugh...soccer, you consistently get to see great athletes performing at a high level. That doesn't happen in baseball. It's a slow moving, skill sport. Very much like golf, except less entertaining and slightly less athletic. 

3 hours ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

We all like what we like, but soccer, baseball and football are the three sports I really love. (Well, I love tennis too, but that's a different animal.)

But if I were to rank them in order of excitement, it would be 1) soccer 2) baseball 3) football.

And if I were hypothetically forced to eliminate one from the sports scene (I wouldn't want to), it would be the NFL.

In my experience, baseball and soccer are a lot more fun to play than to watch. Football would be the opposite as it is the best spectator sport around.

Baseball could be a fun game to watch but what it has evolved into is just sad. Boring, easily bought, blatant cheating and a culture that can be best described as something between jock itch and a hemorrhoid. 

Live games can be fun in the 'everything but the game is interesting' way once in a while or when kids are playing. I'm happy for any of you that like or love it but video games are my go to when Panther's football isn't an option.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Baseball is insanely boring. At best, it's a halfway decent excuse to get loaded during an afternoon at a ballpark. 

At least in basketball, football, hockey or even...ugh...soccer, you consistently get to see great athletes performing at a high level. That doesn't happen in baseball. It's a slow moving, skill sport. Very much like golf, except less entertaining and slightly less athletic. 

dean winchester facepalm GIF

Sometimes you just have to let people be dumb.

Archived