• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I am more excited for this season than I was last season.

Jeremy Igo

7 hours ago, joemac said:

Like it or not, but Teddy B is almost perfect for the type of offense they want to run.  Short crossing routes, a poo ton of YAC and the occasional deep shot to keep them honest.  It would not surprise me if Teddy B had 4000 yards and 30 TDs this year.

This is down right hilarious. Teddy had a hard time averaging 14 tds and barely 3k passing as a starter. You think hes going to miraculously throw for 4k and 30 tds? LOOOOOOOL man the homerism is so strong on this board its comical. Dont worry you'll be singing a different tune once the bullets start to fly. Teddy isnt anywhere near good enough to be a 4k/30 Td Qb.

Personally I'm worried about how they are going to handle burns... this has flame out written all over it. He is a borderline stud in the 3-4, but I have a feeling they are going to try to make him a traditional 4-3 end which means losing a lot of what made him special. He wasn't very good in the run game and a 4-3 everydown end has to be sufficient. 

I would be way more excited if Carolina wouldn’t have got rid of Cam Newton just to sign Teddy Bridgewater.  Teddy Bridgewater doesn’t make me excited. I’m still watching the games but this is the least excited I’ve been since becoming a Panthers fan. 

7 minutes ago, Green_Tea said:

I would be way more excited if Carolina wouldn’t have got rid of Cam Newton just to sign Teddy Bridgewater.  Teddy Bridgewater doesn’t make me excited. I’m still watching the games but this is the least excited I’ve been since becoming a Panthers fan. 

It looks like a “rebuilding” year or a transitional year In which management is good with winning 5-7 games and draft like 10th overall. Not gonna cut it. Embrace the suck and let’s get the first or second overall pick. 

To be honest I was really excited last year for cam. He was talking about working on mechanics and all the right things he ignored for years. Looked 2015 form, spreading the ball around and taking what the defense gave him at the beginning of 2018, so I was extremely excited for last year while still being concerned the shoulder would hold up.

But I see why the Panthers moved on contract wise, future and time wise plus the injuries. It was time.

And it was past time for Rivera. He should’ve been gone earlier.

I am more excited for changes made but can’t say I’m more excited for this season. It will be a season of growth and learning curves. I just want the team to show promise. That’s all. I think everyone should keep expectations realistic.

The constant 12-4 to 7-9 killed my hype for future panther seasons. This total new staff is rather "meh" at best too, especially all the Baylor Bros. Neither OC or DC has called a NFL play, Rhule has only been a HC since 2011(at powerhouses Temple and Baylor), panthers lost about 90% of the leadership and stats in one year, and 19 BS. 

3-13 with lots of pain....the bad type.  

This season is going to suck, not looking forward to it at all. No Ron, Cam, Olsen, Luke, Davis, etc. Completely new staff, new players, and probably no fans. It's going to be so weird. At least if we had Cam then it would be a little bit better, but I guess Teddy won't be so bad. I'll give him a chance, but it's going to take me some time to get over Cam. 

Archived