• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden and the NFL Exclusive Deal Until 2025

fitty76

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

Madden is all about sliders. You are a slave to them. I hate it. It makes individual ratings almost useless. If you also happen to find a right set of sliders, they come up with an update then you have to go through weeks or months again trying to fix them. They need to go back to the basics and only have basic ratings for each players so that you're not relying on sliders to fix their shitty game.

What I hate the most are the little cheats they build into the game to make things more competitive or make the computer play better.  The superman leaps, the running in mud, the warping...its dumb.

3 hours ago, Wes21 said:

What I hate the most are the little cheats they build into the game to make things more competitive or make the computer play better.  The superman leaps, the running in mud, the warping...its dumb.

exactly. They cheese the game to make it close. A 1-3 win team in week 10 is suddenly the 2007 Patriots and every possession you have turns into a fumble or a defender ice skates 30 yards away for an INT. Happens all the time.  But then they also make a good matchup a blowout in order to make you feel better. It's bullshit.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:22 PM, Wes21 said:

Cam would fumble 10 times a game thanks to their shitty “cheats”

20 hours ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

I just watched this video about the fork in the road that was Madden '06, and it provides some good insight about why Madden is garbage now imho.

Thanks for posting that, it was interesting.  I typically pick up a new copy of Madden every year out of habit, and have done so since Madden 93 (I played 91 and 92 at my friends house, but 93 was my first year owning the game for myself).  I got upset at the lack of progress in improving the game in the mid 2000s, so I skipped buying a football game one year (Madden 2004) and then got 2K5 instead of Madden 2005 the year after that.  Then of course they pulled the rug from under me and forced me back into the Madden sphere with the initial buy out of the NFL.

Archived