• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dak Prescott turns down record breaking contract.

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, Borat said:

Dak is a good player, but he's not ~$30mm/yr better than Andy Dalton. At some point Jones is going to cut bait. 

I can’t see the Cowboys letting Dak Prescott go. It’s just a case of changing the contract to four years rather than five years. At some point Jones will get it done because their best chance to win is with Dak with the way their roster is constructed.

Even if they traded Dak for a ransom and put Andy Dalton or another veteran QB under center, if they have success that QB is going to need paying.  Ryan Tannehill has just signed for nearly $30 million a year. Dalton could demand the same if he got the Cowboys to the play offs. Imagine if they got Cam. A strong year from him could demand a big pay day. 

Realistically their best choice is arguably to extend Dak or hope they can offload him and draft Trevor Lawrence or another high end prospect next year. 

On 5/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, RASTAN66 said:

Trevor ain’t happening here...

...surely you understand this?

The franchise has been “garbage” (your term) about 70% of the time since inception, surprised you stuck it out. 

There is now ample reason for optimism what with the richest/smartest owner who doesn’t spare ANY expense and provides only the very best for his organization/team/players — get on the Tepper Train pal and enjoy the ride!

Is this your first or second year as a football fan? I usually bet on the Panthers every year to win the Super Bowl just for fun. I wont this year. Why? Cause were going to suck! Teddy Time might get a state  title in H.S. Our roster is trash at this point. Only Homer's see us competing. Could be time for you to Ice Up Son!

BREAKING: per sources #Cowboys QB Dak Prescott is planning to hold out of the 2020 season amid contract negotiations, there has been growing tension between Prescott and the Dallas’ Front Office. The #Cowboys will move forward with veteran Andy Dalton QB as the expected starter.BREAKING: per sources #Cowboys QB Dak Prescott is planning to hold out of the 2020 season amid contract negotiations, there has been growing tension between Prescott and the Dallas’ Front Office. The #Cowboys will move forward with veteran Andy Dalton QB as the expected starter.

According to the team side and Dak Prescott’s agent, the report from @CSimmsQB is definitely not true. The two sides have never discussed such scenarios or anything like it. Dak wants a shorter deal, the #Cowboys want a longer one. July 15 is the deadline.

How bout dem Cowboys. 

Most of what I am reading is dispelling the $45M rumor/report.  Seems like they are probably stuck somewhere around $35M/year.  The kicker is Dak would like to surpass Wilson on the pay scale, although they do not make it sound like he is hard over on that.  Dak being paid more than Russell Wilson is foolishness, although it could happen in Jerruh's world.

Seattle wins games because of Wilson.  Sometimes several in a season.  In similar situations, Dak disappears.  As I said, I like Dak, but if he wants to be paid among the best, at some point he needs to perform like the best when it counts.  He has not done that enough to eat at the tabe with Wilson, Mahomes, or any of the upper crust.

A lot of people in Dallas blamed his disappearing act in big games on Garrett.  But not all of them, by far.  With Garrett now elsewhere and McCarthy at the helm, if he continues to disappear when they need him most, the venom will be shot almost completely at him and not split between him and the coach.  Given that, the Cowboys best play is to let the tag in place and move on next year if he doesn't step up.

27 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Most of what I am reading is dispelling the $45M rumor/report.  Seems like they are probably stuck somewhere around $35M/year.  The kicker is Dak would like to surpass Wilson on the pay scale, although they do not make it sound like he is hard over on that.  Dak being paid more than Russell Wilson is foolishness, although it could happen in Jerruh's world

I think the biggest issue is that Dak only wants 4 years.  Dallas wants 5.

7 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I think the biggest issue is that Dak only wants 4 years.  Dallas wants 5.

I got that, too.  He wants to have the next negotiations earlier so he can cash in while in his prime.  Even one year could make a difference.  Can't blame him for that, but that assumes he demonstrates he is worth the money with the next contract.

It sounds like they are within striking distance of an agreement, at least from the articles I read. 

Archived