• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dak Prescott turns down record breaking contract.

Jeremy Igo

45 minutes ago, Snake said:

I much rather see the rich owners load up on talent when we have the richest owner in the league. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Might actually be fun to win a Super Bowl for once in our history. 

Our rich owner has a reputation of being an extraordinary tightwad depending on the situation.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I much rather see the rich owners load up on talent when we have the richest owner in the league. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Might actually be fun to win a Super Bowl for once in our history. 

Not only is he the richest, he is also the smartest.

Tepper's core competency is an elite ability to identify value --- he is one of less than a handful of the very best in the entire world.

That combined with his willingness to pay up when appropriate is a lethal combination and portends for consistent and long-term success for the Carolina Panthers...will be a ton of fun to watch!

VIVE LA PANTHERS!!!

13 hours ago, RASTAN66 said:

Hope your appetite for crow is massive.....LOL.

You are going to look soooooo bad and it won't be all that long until that's the case!

I won’t be eating crow anytime. You’re just gonna have to look like a dummy for the rest of your life in believing that Bridgewater is going to be something special. 

12 minutes ago, MMA said:

I won’t be eating crow anytime. You’re just gonna have to look like a dummy for the rest of your life in believing that Bridgewater is going to be something special. 

That's certainly a possibility!

But at least I'll have the comfort of knowing I truly supported the team vs. constantly trying to tear it down and denigrate the players and staff.

All that said....I like my odds, a lot.

8 hours ago, RASTAN66 said:

Not only is he the richest, he is also the smartest.

Tepper's core competency is an elite ability to identify value --- he is one of less than a handful of the very best in the entire world.

That combined with his willingness to pay up when appropriate is a lethal combination and portends for consistent and long-term success for the Carolina Panthers...will be a ton of fun to watch!

VIVE LA PANTHERS!!!

If there was no cap I can promise you we would not lose any FA that was worth a damn. The Cap only helps cheap owners who want to make maximum profit while paying the lowest amount. 

Given that the salary cap.is likely going to contract in 2021 they better fit that into their negotiations. Bottom line though is that the guaranteed money is the biggest issue. You can make his 5th year 100 million as long as it isn't guaranteed and you can renegotiate or walk away. They are all in to win a Superbowl. If it doesn't happen in the next 4 years I suspect they will move on from Dak especially if he wants 50 million plus on his next contract assuming they come to terms this time.

1 hour ago, RASTAN66 said:

That's certainly a possibility!

But at least I'll have the comfort of knowing I truly supported the team vs. constantly trying to tear it down and denigrate the players and staff.

All that said....I like my odds, a lot.

I support the team to suck for Trevor. I’m looking out for the future of this franchise. Not, supporting garbage on the field stealing fans’ money and time.

Archived