• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Comparing Jordan's practice demeanor to a Panthers player...

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure it's a coincidence that other than Moose (who was Smitty's mentor), Smitty never played with another high quality NFL WR and everyone we tried to draft and develop ended up busting. MJ was hard on guys, but he did it primarily to try to make them and ultimately the team better. I think Smitty was hard on guys just to be an asshole.

This goes into what the other poster was talking about hypocrisy. Same people blaming smith for the failed development of WR’s here(which is a myth that has been debunk) also blame hurney for not being able to draft a WR, it can’t be both 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I loved Smitty the player but it would honestly surprise me if Smitty the person was anything other than a top shelf asshole. The thing is that it's impossible to separate the two. That Mount Everest sized chip on his shoulder that highly likely makes him a complete asshole was also what drove him to be great on the field. Not sure a 5'9" 185 pound mid-round pick ever develops into arguably the best WR in the NFL without it.

I have shared the story where he was at an OTA and belittling Dwayne Jarrett---embarrassing him.  I mentioned it to Jarrett after practice and told him to hang in there (thought I fixed the problem with that advice) and he slapped my hand appreciatively but too hard.  he was upset. 

No WR flourished here when Smitty was the WR.  Moose--but he was here first.  Smitty is an asshole--

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

This goes into what the other poster was talking about hypocrisy. Same people blaming smith for the failed development of WR’s here(which is a myth that has been debunk) also blame hurney for not being able to draft a WR, it can’t be both 

It can definitely be a bit of both. Some guys showed some early promise (guys like Keary Colbert and Drew Carter) before just falling off the map. 

11 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

How has it been debunked?  Name a WR that did well when he was here?  Moose was already here.  I SAW him humiliate Jarrett--did you ever see him working with a young buck?  In fact, Kasay was the only real friend he had--they were always together, chatting, during warmups etc.  It was an odd friendship, but Kasay was the only guy I could tell that Smitty had a relationship with.

You saying it was "debunked" and calling it a "myth" is not enough for me---I look at the theory vs. the outcomes.  It checks out, and what I saw checks out too.  I teach educational leaders, and one thing I tell them is this:  A teacher with great test scores and has solid reviews, etc. can be toxic to the other developing teachers. If s/he is condescending, belittling, elitist, arrogant, etc. she gains self esteem that s/he needs to maintain his or her status at the expense of the young teachers.  In that case, you get better as a whole by moving or letting your best teacher walk.  It sounds crazy, but it works.  When the Panthers talk about the locker room, it is just as important as the teacher's lounge--a place that can be healthy or toxic.  Smitty was a little hyper cancer running around putting up numbers, so they tolerated his crap.  That was a mistake. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It can definitely be a bit of both. Some guys showed some early promise (guys like Keary Colbert and Drew Carter) before just falling off the map. 

Yeah but it wasn’t like they left the panthers and had better careers elsewhere. Fact is multiple wrs credited smith for helping there game, lafell, Torrey smith, and jacobey Jones(I think that’s his name). He was hard on teammates but no near as bad as Jordan 

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

This, It’s greatness when Jordan does it but selfishness ect when smith does it 

Well, Smitty had a pattern--he would sneak attack/steal a teammate with a punch.  Once when a teammate was seated, another time the teammate was reportedly on a knee, and then he ambushed Cam.  Who does that?  Not praising Jordan--I knew one of his teammates and he was a prick too. 

Thomas Davis, to get this back on track--was an inspiration as a player, person, etc.  Comeback player of the year (I think), Man of the year, Pro Bowl at a position that was nearly impossible for a 4-3 OLB to make, etc.  The thing I admire about Davis--when Luke came on board, he let Luke lead--no ego--just welcomed him as a brother and led the rest by following a rookie---that is class.

Opposite of that little dust mite Smitty.

33 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

How has it been debunked?  Name a WR that did well when he was here?  Moose was already here.  I SAW him humiliate Jarrett--did you ever see him working with a young buck?  In fact, Kasay was the only real friend he had--they were always together, chatting, during warmups etc.  It was an odd friendship, but Kasay was the only guy I could tell that Smitty had a relationship with.

You saying it was "debunked" and calling it a "myth" is not enough for me---I look at the theory vs. the outcomes.  It checks out, and what I saw checks out too.  I teach educational leaders, and one thing I tell them is this:  A teacher with great test scores and has solid reviews, etc. can be toxic to the other developing teachers. If s/he is condescending, belittling, elitist, arrogant, etc. she gains self esteem that s/he needs to maintain his or her status at the expense of the young teachers.  In that case, you get better as a whole by moving or letting your best teacher walk.  It sounds crazy, but it works.  When the Panthers talk about the locker room, it is just as important as the teacher's lounge--a place that can be healthy or toxic.  Smitty was a little hyper cancer running around putting up numbers, so they tolerated his crap.  That was a mistake. 

I saw the same Jarrett be lazy and disinterested in football, I saw the same guy get in trouble and no team bother giving him a shot afterwards, you saying the kicker was his only friend is untrue, saw in 2013 and other camps where smith was talking and chatting with everyone, stew, Williams, lafell, big money, ect. 

the myth is debunked because there’s an article, which I’ve shared multiple times, of guys like lafell, Torrey smith, ect crediting smith for there development or further development as a WR. The same wrs that didn’t have success here didn’t have success elsewhere either, that should say a lot 

calling the guy a cancer lol, when only a couple teammates have said something about him and 2 being ones he assault, which I don’t condone on any level is a stretch, a big one. TO who was more productive still couldn’t escape the cancer tag or multiple teams, so to say smith was tolerated because of his talent when to wasn’t nor randy is a stretch 

21 minutes ago, bull123 said:

If Cam was anything like Mike, he would have multiple Super Bowls by now

Individual players can't have near the impact on the football field as they can on the basketball court. They only play offense or defense for one. That's the thing a lot of people forget about MJ. He was greatest on defense too. He did what he did on offense while also shutting down your best wing player.

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Well, Smitty had a pattern--he would sneak attack/steal a teammate with a punch.  Once when a teammate was seated, another time the teammate was reportedly on a knee, and then he ambushed Cam.  Who does that?  Not praising Jordan--I knew one of his teammates and he was a prick too. 

Thomas Davis, to get this back on track--was an inspiration as a player, person, etc.  Comeback player of the year (I think), Man of the year, Pro Bowl at a position that was nearly impossible for a 4-3 OLB to make, etc.  The thing I admire about Davis--when Luke came on board, he let Luke lead--no ego--just welcomed him as a brother and led the rest by following a rookie---that is class.

Opposite of that little dust mite Smitty.

Ambushed cam?  When did this happen? I doubt cam would pen a personal letter to smith if he truly crossed him. If you’re not praising Jordan than you’re not the ones we were referring to originally, you sound as if you have some personal gripe against smith 

43 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Totally disagree 

im talking about leadership...pushing his teammates...getting in their face about lousy performance...instead of sitting at the end of the bench by himself with a towel over his head

cam is much more like Pippen than Jordan

If you knew why Cam started putting the towel over his head you'd realize how hilariously poo this take is.

Here's a hint...

_38796005_towelget298.jpg

Archived