• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post draft/free agency biggest hole

ericr0319

I think our starters are pretty well set and overall they will be better on offense and worse at some positions better at others on defense. I hope Snow has an easy system to learn which is often the case with college defenses where you shuffle in players every year and hope they stay for 2 or 3 years.

1. CB - I actually think Jackson can still be a starting quality CB in this league behind a good front 7, but we desperately need another outside CB and a nickel.

2. Interior OL - OT isn't great, but we have 2 vets and a recent 2nd rounder there, so hard to say we haven't invested in the position. In the middle though, Paradis looked hopelessly overmatched last year, Daley might turn into something but is an unproven 6th rounder, Schofield is decent I guess, and I don't even know who else to discuss. 

3. MLB - A pair of super-athletic S/LB hybrids in Thompson and Chinn sound great, but we do need a real MLB for them to play off of. 

4. QB - Bridgewater is likely a below average NFL starter and our backups are not comforting. 

5. TE - Thomas has measurables but I honestly think he's overrated on this board and hasn't really shown anything consistently at the NFL level. 

Next year, I think our 1st is either QB or CB, depending on how Bridgewater looks and how the board falls. Look for a couple of IOL in mid rounds.

Yep Corner.  It's the uncertainty with Jackson stepping back up as much as the inexperience with Pride (OCB) and Chinn (NB).  

Whitehead gives me pause but LB isn't awful.

OL turned out actually okay and we have young depth in Little, Daley, Larsen, whatnot. Can always use more big uglies though. I'm still not buying Paradis.  Miller and Schofield are rock solid but Paradis erhhh.  

We're relying on Thomas and DeValve at TE which I find to be a hole. 

I'm going with LB and CB equally! 

I think we have perhaps more bodies to throw at corner, but they're young! I think the starting LB unit should be fine, but that we need more depth!

If we can solidify either position with a strong veteran or two, that'd be great, but I don't know if it's likely to happen!

59 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I'm going with LB and CB equally! 

I think we have perhaps more bodies to throw at corner, but they're young! I think the starting LB unit should be fine, but that we need more depth!

If we can solidify either position with a strong veteran or two, that'd be great, but I don't know if it's likely to happen!

Shaq is a proven vet with above-average skills/talent. Whitehead has started and put up big stats. Carter and smith are two 2018 that have waited their turns and played roles on STs. Jordan Kunaszyk was on the PS and looks like he could make the squad this year. About 5 UDFAs all with something in their toolbox.

Donte Jackson was benched mid-season and had teammates beg him to allow people to help. Hes also 5'9 and 180 LBs, but very fast. Pride would be the the teams #2 if the season started soon and he was a early 4th. Corn Elder is not a NFL player or practice squad level talent. Oliver was drafted in the 7th round and played WR his first two years. Derrek Thomas has been cut twice by two teams that badly needed CB help, he was also a 2019 UDFA. 

One has proven players along with loads of young hungry players. Other has donte "its everyones fault but mine" jackson, 2 raw rookies, and XFL level talent. The two are not comparable. Plus if you factor in WRs/RBs that will line across each group it gets a LOT worse.  

1 hour ago, bababoey said:

The way Jackson played at the end of last year, 1st and 2nd corner is a need as well.

Eh, I don’t know why everyone’s giving up on Jackson. No one played well except CMC last year.  Jackson will be fine. 

Archived