• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How to make a Jeremy Chinn

Jeremy Igo

He looks like the kind of safety I have dreamed about and that we have stayed away from for so long I still can't believe it. This pick was truly exciting and completely in a new direction for us. After years of the same old same old we have a new pep in our step and I love it. 

2 hours ago, Rags said:

You know people wonder why we traded up and I can totally see Marty saying "If we want this guy we're gonna have to get infront of Ron."

Big, fast and loves to hit. Totally a Ron type of guy

two Safeties were taken between 64 and 69 so I don't know why people are asking this

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

He looks like the kind of safety I have dreamed about and that we have stayed away from for so long I still can't believe it. This pick was truly exciting and completely in a new direction for us. After years of the same old same old we have a new pep in our step and I love it. 

Exactly my thoughts, we haven't drafted a pure athlete type with a diverse skill set damn near as far back as I can remember. Even with all the early multiple talk aside from maybe Shaq we've been very traditional in regard to position archetypes. 

1 hour ago, Growl said:

two Safeties were taken between 64 and 69 so I don't know why people are asking this

Pretty much this. 

We likely got to a point where Chinn's value was so high that it warranted a trade up to secure him.  This means he was probably late 1, early 2 on our board.  That's really all there is.  They were monitoring the value and he must have been one of the only left on a certain level on the board before the next tier.   We may have had the other safeties taken lower than him.  It's all relative and we wanted to secure Chinn. 

5 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Exactly my thoughts, we haven't drafted a pure athlete type with a diverse skill set damn near as far back as I can remember. Even with all the early multiple talk aside from maybe Shaq we've been very traditional in regard to position archetypes. 

I know, what's next? A 6' CB that can run a 4.4 and not have to play 10' off the WR...lolz. It's a really nice change. 

3 hours ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

DCPABBCAB.jpg

Yeah by Panther Peralta. Steve Carolina was my fave. 

There was this older kid down the street from me in the neighborhood I grew up in, and after he moved out his mom found out I skated and told me that her son had an old skateboard that he barely rode and didn't need anymore.  I expected a Kmart Variflex board or something until she pulled out this dead mint Powell-Peralta deck with Independent trucks and hot pink Bones wheels.  It was from the late 80s or early 90s and there was barely a mark on it.  It was the coolest poo I had ever seen.

Archived