• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 chatter - Who do you want ?

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I wouldn't say we overdrafted Worley but Gettleman definitely "shopped hungry" as he put it when he let Josh Norman walk. And I think Gaulden might have been a reason the Panthers didn't pick Isaiah Simmons - maybe didn't want to go down the "positionless player" route again.

We drafted Worley in the 3rd.  When we drafted him, everyone couldn't wrap their head around it because he was projected a 5th rounder.

Norman left, Bene was coming off a Serious injury.  Gettleman went in and jist started drafting CBs because we needed them. 

34 minutes ago, hepcat said:

In my ideal scenario, the Panthers get a mid range 2nd round pick for Samuel. They draft Mims to replace Samuel, then draft Jaylon Johnson with their second 2nd round pick. James Lynch in the 3rd. Big haul.

Sounds great but those teams could just keep their 2nd round pick and draft Mims themselves.

The amount of WRs in this class has to hurt Samuel's stock.

31 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The 2 DEs remaining would not be as you describe.  The others you mention are injury prone or limited.  If one of these 2 DEs is there, I take him.  Weaver (Boise State) is a dark horse as well.

I want Jaylon Johnson, but he had post-combine shoulder surgery, so we can move back and get him (or move up from the 3rd).

I know YGM and AJ are'nt jag's.  They are 1st grade guys with high motors and talent. But I think we brought weatherly and the Burris kid at safety in to earn a spot. We have Jack at corner, and I don't mean action Jackson I mean diddly. Nothing.  Won't be mad if we go corner two picks in a row. Johnson and Holmes FTW.  Save the 5th for slipping talent at DE. 

20 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Sounds great but those teams could just keep their 2nd round pick and draft Mims themselves.

The amount of WRs in this class has to hurt Samuel's stock.

Not to mention the Texans recently getting fleeced on their trade of one of the best WRs in the NFL.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

I want Jeremy Chinn for hybrid safety corner. He has the size of a safety and the ball skills and athleticism to play corner. Just the kind of player Hurney loves.

Only if we move down.  I've been on the Chinn bandwagon for a couple of months...even before the combine where he caught team's attention.   We can only take a safety this early if we can muster another pick somewhere else.  I've pointed out several times the 3rd round is ripe for a trade down with abundance of teams with multiple picks.  We need a CB and a DL before going into the last day.  Day 3 guys are backups and STers.  Safety is a luxury, unfortunately.  That pains me to say because we are in a prime spot for several top-tier guys.

49 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I want Jeremy Chinn for hybrid safety corner. He has the size of a safety and the ball skills and athleticism to play corner. Just the kind of player Hurney loves.

I still like McKinney much better in that role. 

1 minute ago, mickeye76 said:

No defensive end or safety.  See what we got in Burris and weatherly.  Corner.  Then in third we will revisit the DE and Safety situation.  Still think that pick is actually prime real estate for interior offensive line help

Which corner? Some like Diggs and I like his ballhawking ability but he can’t tackle worth a damn.

some like Jaylon Johnson but he looks really stiff...

kristian Fulton looks pretty good,.. maybe him.

I still think you get Xavier McKinney. The guy is about as versatile as Simmons and he can shadow the best receiver, blitz, cover the middle, slide into linebacker.

47 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Only if we move down.  I've been on the Chinn bandwagon for a couple of months...even before the combine where he caught team's attention.   We can only take a safety this early if we can muster another pick somewhere else.  I've pointed out several times the 3rd round is ripe for a trade down with abundance of teams with multiple picks.  We need a CB and a DL before going into the last day.  Day 3 guys are backups and STers.  Safety is a luxury, unfortunately.  That pains me to say because we are in a prime spot for several top-tier guys.

Chinn is a prime candidate to play corner in the NFL. He has the skills to play either corner or safety. And he has the ability to play outside or the slot in man or zone. He is underated to me. 

Archived