• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 chatter - Who do you want ?

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Pat's will pick a RB

If Giants take Epenesa, then we will take Matos

Pats giving up on sony Michel already? We just signed weatherly and I liked obada.  We have done nothing in the secondary in free agency. I think they gonna see what weatherly has got.  Not saying we dont add a de, just thinking more like Kenny willekes or the kid from NC State Smith williams.  A big run stopping complement to burns is not a second round priority. 

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Lots of talent left on the board. Can Hurndog find it? Who do you want?

Really would love a CB and SS next to finish up our defense but the CBS look to be being ate up quick so maybe a DE who fell? Really BPA on defense..... 

10 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Pats giving up on sony Michel already? We just signed weatherly and I liked obada.  We have done nothing in the secondary in free agency. I think they gonna see what weatherly has got.  Not saying we dont add a de, just thinking more like Kenny willekes or the kid from NC State Smith williams.  A big run stopping complement to burns is not a second round priority. 

The 2 DEs remaining would not be as you describe.  The others you mention are injury prone or limited.  If one of these 2 DEs is there, I take him.  Weaver (Boise State) is a dark horse as well.

I want Jaylon Johnson, but he had post-combine shoulder surgery, so we can move back and get him (or move up from the 3rd).

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

There's not a single CB at our spot Id want other than Fulton.

Rather get a edge rusher with a rd 1 grade, then moce back into the mid 2nd for one of those CBs with a mid to late 2nd rd grade

I remember an edge rusher named Kony Ealy who had a "1st round grade" lol

The defense is such a wasteland that I wouldn't mind any position they pick on that side. DE,CB,LB,S, or if they decide to double up on DT that would be fine too. If they go the WR route I hope they can land Pittman but Rhule will probably take Mims.

DE - Epenesa

DT - Blacklock

CB - Johnson, Fulton

S - Winfield Jr.

LB - Wilson, Uche

WR - Pittman

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I remember an edge rusher named Kony Ealy who had a "1st round grade" lol

I also remember several DBs named (Sanchez, Worley, Gaulden, and even some could say Jackson) who we drafted because we "Needed" DBs and overdrafted .

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I also remember several DBs named (Sanchez, Worley, Gaulden, and even some could say Jackson) who we drafted because we "Needed" DBs and overdrafted .

I wouldn't say we overdrafted Worley but Gettleman definitely "shopped hungry" as he put it when he let Josh Norman walk. And I think Gaulden might have been a reason the Panthers didn't pick Isaiah Simmons - maybe didn't want to go down the "positionless player" route again.

I didn’t watch a ton of college ball this year so I can’t comment on the individual players left. I did take time to head over to ESPN a check out the best available still on the board.

I don’t know how this happened, but the top 8 players still on the board all have 1st round grades. Even the #9 (YeturDross-Matos DE Penn State), #10 (Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin) and #11 (Grant Deloitte S. LSU) on the board are ranked higher than our draft position (#36). The #36 player on the ESPN board is Zack Bain OLB Wisconsin with a grade of 87.

This draft is so deep we’re almost assured of getting 1st round talent in the first two rounds of the draft. If we blow this choice it is going to be a terrible start for the new regime.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

Archived