• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 chatter - Who do you want ?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell yeah I would because you're not even in the ballpark for what it would take. Our two 2nds (#148 and #152) combine to create 60.4 points. #60 is 300 points. Our 3rd rounder plus both of our 5ths is approximately what that move would require.

Yeah, the move up from round 3 I figured was implied.  So we lose the 5ths.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Yeah, move up from round 3 should I figured was implied.  So we lose the 5ths.

Eh... it would have to be for someone I really, REALLY wanted. I would feel differently if I felt that we were just a few of the right pieces away from competing, but this roster needs a lot of work and we probably need as many draft shots as we can get.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Eh... it would have to be for someone I really, REALLY wanted. I would feel differently if I felt that we were just a few of the right pieces away from competing, but this roster needs a lot of work and we probably need as many draft shots as we can get.

Reports are this draft is so deep that most of 2nd round guys have 1st round grades.  It's stretching the thought a bit, but that would be like getting three 1st rounders.  Agreed it would have to be deemed a "steal," but that other 2nd rounder may contribute sooner than either of the 5ths.  Could slide back in the 4th to recoup a pick.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Reports are this draft is so deep that most of 2nd round guys have 1st round grades.  It's stretching the thought a bit, but that would be like getting three 1st rounders.  Agreed it would have to be deemed a "steal," but that other 2nd rounder may contribute sooner than either of the 5ths.  Could slide back in the 4th to recoup a pick.

I just know how it's always worked out for us when Hurney thinks he's getting a steal in the 2nd round.

Top 3 Most important players in the NFL are as follows:

Quarterback

DE - To disrupt the QB

OT - To protect the QB

43 DE's are very hard to find and if one is available in the 2nd, take him.  If not, it means that one of the CB's will be available, if not, take OT Cleveland

22 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Depends on who's there

I'll throw out some names as it gets closer.  I started to list several guys, but most, if not all, will be gone by the back half of the round.  If someone actually starts to slide that may be a fit, then I'll comment further on a potential trade up back into round 2.

Lots of quality DB's out there. Wouldn't be mad if we got one of them.

My personal favorite though is Marlon Davidson. Dude kinda reminds me of Dwight Freeney with his get off at that size. Would be a good Strongside DE opposite Burns imo.

A.J. Epenesa, DL

Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State 

Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State

Josh Jones, OT, Houston

Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU

Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

Jaylon Johnson

Marlon Davidson

Thats my top ten in no order. CB was the biggest surprise and hit the hardest round 1. Brady should have a great report on Fulton, whom has big questions. 

35 minutes ago, stirs said:

Top 3 Most important players in the NFL are as follows:

Quarterback

DE - To disrupt the QB

OT - To protect the QB

43 DE's are very hard to find and if one is available in the 2nd, take him.  If not, it means that one of the CB's will be available, if not, take OT Cleveland

This is correct. While I feel it should be CB, no issue with it being a edge. Theres 3 guys there- Davidson, Matos, and Epenesa. Panthers are faaar away form playoffs, take the best value at 38. 

Sign a couple of CBs after the draft to help teams form throwing 500 yards a game. 

Just now, CaliPanthers said:

Mel Kiper has Michael Pittman Jr rated above Tee Higgins and Denzel Mims. Mcshay had Pittman Jr over Mims too. Very interesting. Would be very happy with Piitman Jr. He is gonna be a beast for somebody. 

Who the f*ck is Mel Kiper?!

Archived