• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All of a sudden the Panthers have two young defensive line first rounders

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

So I guess the question is - is KK worth $13m for 2 years?  I'd say yes all day.

For two years it is $26.5M. I was saying that we pay an extra $13M to keep him 1 year and an extra $26.5M if we keep him 2 years. This should make it simple:

Release Short now, total cap hit $17M

Release Short after 2020, total cap hit $30M

Let Short finish contract, total cap hit $43.5M

Since we can now do a post June 1st release, all 3 of those numbers are spread across 2020 and 2021.

53 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

I will take either of the OTs, CBs, or double down on DT with Blacklock. I want the highest rated players on the board that can come in and compete for a job. 

I’m exactly right there with you. This is a really deep draft. Still same mid-late first round talents out there by most years standards imo. Would not mind Epenesa being thrown in the mix either 

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

With all the hype the offense is getting, the defense is getting into a spot where they could be much improved this season. I know, not saying much after the defensive performance last year, but the addition of Brown may have the biggest impact possible. I can't help but think Luke would have loved to have played behind him. 

Aww man I wish Luke would see Brown and be like f it im playing, our D if this draft goes right, won't be that bad and imo our offense is a top 7 unit. 

9 hours ago, jfra78 said:

I mean, he can if he wants to

Not sure if anyone else caught the comment he made last night during the Panthers live cast of the draft with jake and stew.. someone said something about his retirement papers and he said “ I Haven’t signed them yet” kinda interesting 

3 minutes ago, punkpanther said:

Not sure if anyone else caught the comment he made last night during the Panthers live cast of the draft with jake and stew.. someone said something about his retirement papers and he said “ I Haven’t signed them yet” kinda interesting 

giphy_(43).gif

Archived