• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown's tackling...

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I don’t need you to ever tell me that. I need you to not act like he’s a garbage pick when literally everyone agrees he’s a blue chip player that would go top 3 in most drafts. You are acting like he’s a scrub just because he’s not who you wanted. It’s fine that he wasn’t the guy you wanted but it’s not okay to make up reasons why it’s a BS pick and downplay his very obvious immense ability and athleticism. Again. The dude was the unanimous SEC defensive player of the year. Yet you refer to him as just a run stopper. That’s just so misleading and untrue 

I never said he was a garbage pick. The pick makes a lot of sense in the grand scheme of things, or I'm lost and they actually want to try to win this year. Which would make no sense. 

I mean, the man was quoted as saying he thinks he's more than a run stopper. So, there is some merit to that opinion, because he's clearly heard it from somewhere or someone. Again, I hope I'm wrong and he becomes Aaron Donald 2.0, or a mix between Star and Donald. 

11 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Don’t mistake what I’m about to say for defending that. But if you take that one play to paint the picture, it’s definitely not going to be accurate. 

Brown is praised as being a high character guy and a leader. And I imagine nearly every person on this board has been in a competitive scenario where they let their emotions get the best of them. It happens. Especially in a sport where you physically punish the guy across from you on every play.

And honestly we have needed a little nasty attitude on this defense for awhile now. I would certainly hope this isn’t how Brown plays every game, but I have no evidence suggesting it is. Quite the opposite in fact. I hear he is a very high character guy from pretty much everyone that talks about him.

But if he can be a high character guy with a lot of mean on the field during clutch situations, that’s probably exactly what this defense needs 

Hell, in the heat of the moment, how can he be expected to know which end of that body the head's on?

SAME stuff every year.

Nobody every wants to take a DT or OT unless we are in the middle of the season and everything is going to crap.

When draft time rolls around, its all about who is the fast guy.  We want every wide receiver and CB that runs under a 4.5.  That is all this board knows is the combine and the tale of the tape.

2 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

This place has gotten worse, to be fair. And no, I just state my opinion, and people don't like it. Pretty simple. Isn't that what Forum's are for? 

They are certainly for stating one's opinion.  But if you state it over and over and over, and after 41 posts, you get only 1 like, you might start to get the hint, no?

A poster who over-strives to buck the trend of the majority opinion, as you do, and tries to hammer that minority opinion home, is a TROLL.

Now I'm sure you won't be able to resist sniping back at me, but it'll be the last interaction between the 2 of us, I assure you.  Maybe you could find a team you like, and go post there...

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Was Morgan on the roster??

I think so--they were talking about playing Beason at OLB--I am not sure if Beason ever had to...Morgan was injured and Beason played in his absence--then never looked back.

"Morgan eventually underwent surgery and missed the final 13 games. Rookie Jon Beason moved to Morgan's middle linebacker spot and thrived, leading the team in tackles, while making Morgan expendable."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d806a2b30/article/panthers-release-injuryprone-linebacker-morgan-guard-wahle

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think so--they were talking about playing Beason at OLB--I am not sure if Beason ever had to...

You're right he was here.. Beason started on the Outside then switched in when Morgan went to IR during the 2007 season...

5 hours ago, bigdavis said:

They are certainly for stating one's opinion.  But if you state it over and over and over, and after 41 posts, you get only 1 like, you might start to get the hint, no?

A poster who over-strives to buck the trend of the majority opinion, as you do, and tries to hammer that minority opinion home, is a TROLL.

Now I'm sure you won't be able to resist sniping back at me, but it'll be the last interaction between the 2 of us, I assure you.  Maybe you could find a team you like, and go post there...

Yeah man, I came here for likes. WTF? 

Archived