• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown's tackling...

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Star turned around one of the worst run defenses in the league pretty much instantaneously. You complain about getting “just a run stopper” get we were gashed you the middle all year. The literally just ended last night. And he’s much more of a bull than Star was. 

Meanwhile Simmons would have been a stat machine on a defense unable to force punts. Hurray

I hope you are right about Brown excelling right off the bat.  But interior DL is a position where that does not happen all the time even with a quality player.

18 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Star turned around one of the worst run defenses in the league pretty much instantaneously. You complain about getting “just a run stopper” get we were gashed you the middle all year. The literally just ended last night. And he’s much more of a bull than Star was. 

Meanwhile Simmons would have been a stat machine on a defense unable to force punts. Hurray

I mean, to be fair. Have you seen the depth chart? The defense is still going to be that way regardless. LOL. Brown stops it though? Keep dreaming. 

12 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I mean, to be fair. Have you seen the depth chart? The defense is still going to be that way regardless. LOL. Brown stops it though? Keep dreaming. 

As opposed to whatever the fug we had at the end of last year? A washed up McCoy, and injured KK and a busted Gettleman pick that never showed anything for his whole career? Yeah. It won’t “fix it” but will make a huge immediate difference, of that I’m confident 

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

As opposed to whatever the fug we had at the end of last year? A washed up McCoy, and injured KK and a busted Gettleman pick that never showed anything for his whole career? Yeah. It won’t “fix it” but will make a huge immediate difference, of that I’m confident 

A huge difference? A DT from Auburn is going to make a huge difference? I think just switching back to the 4-3 will make a difference. I don't see a first rounder like Brown making a huge difference when Burns sucks in a 4-3, Short has stopped giving a poo, and there is no Luke and we're depending on Shaq Thompson and FA's no one else wanted. The defense is still going to be hot garbage regardless. 

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

A huge difference? A DT from Auburn is going to make a huge difference? I think just switching back to the 4-3 will make a difference. I don't see a first rounder like Brown making a huge difference when Burns sucks in a 4-3, Short has stopped giving a poo, and there is no Luke and we're depending on Shaq Thompson and FA's no one else wanted. The defense is still going to be hot garbage regardless. 

Yet you seem seem to persist Simmons was this bang on pick when most scouts had Brown ranked higher. Many scouts reportedly had Brown as their second ranked player in the entire draft. Strange

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yet you seem seem to persist Simmons was this bang on pick when most scouts had Brown ranked higher. Many scouts reportedly had Brown as their second ranked player in the entire draft. Strange

Depending on what you're looking at. Many analyst had Simmons ranked higher (McShay for instance), and I personally believed he was the better player on the board. At this point, you take the better player on the board, and I do not believe the better player is Brown. Period. 

4 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Hot garbage take!!

Burns was drafted and considered a 1st round talent playing 4-3 DE..  So that's pretty stupid..

Short has still put up pro bowl worthy numbers until hurts last season.    So dumb again..

Look at the LB depth chart before posting.. Alot of young players looking for a shot..

No pick in this draft was going to fix the defense in 1 year.. This is still a rebuilding team and you build from the trenches.. 

Just now, WOW!! said:

Hot garbage take!!

Burns was drafted and considered a 1st round talent playing 4-3 DE..  So that's pretty stupid..

Short has still put up pro bowl worthy numbers until hurts last season.    So dumb again..

Look at the LB depth chart before posting.. Alot of young players looking for a shot..

The Defense is going to be garbage. Stop while you're behind dude. Jesus Christ, after all these years you still suck as a poster on here. 

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

The Defense is going to be garbage. Stop while you're behind dude. Jesus Christ, after all these years you still suck as a poster on here. 

Of course it will be .. This is a REBUILD!! SO ANY PICK YOU MAKE WASN'T GOING TO FIX THIS ALONE!!!

Reality check genius.. Good teams build from the trenches not the second level??

3 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Depending on what you're looking at. Many analyst had Simmons ranked higher (McShay for instance), and I personally believed he was the better player on the board. At this point, you take the better player on the board, and I do not believe the better player is Brown. Period. 

Lol you pretty much lose cred when you name drop McShay as the guy backing your argument.

To each his own. I wanted Brown throughout this entire process. Unanimous SEC defensive player of the year. You act like he’s a jag. I PROMISE you more scouts had Brown graded ahead of Simmons. A very large number had him as the second best player in the draft. But by all means, continue crying over something you have no control over and spewing out sensationalized nonsense such as “we got a run stopper. Cool”

Lolz

6 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

And holy hell, they still edit out curse words on here? What is this amateur hour? You got ESPN allowing MJ, and Scottie to say F U C K on air during their 30 for 30. But, you edit out curse words on here? Come TF on man. 

It’s been amateur hour since you signed up and started posting 3 days ago

Archived