• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown's tackling...

Jeremy Igo

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Not the same. I was one of those when we took Kuechly lol. I came around quick, but didn’t want a LB in the top half of the first then either.

shhh dont interrupt the circlejerk

27 minutes ago, GOAT said:

seeing people complain about this pick made me realize that you could literally draft a blue chip player and there will still be cry babies.

People bitched about keek and cam. It's just what happens. 

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Don’t mistake what I’m about to say for defending that. But if you take that one play to paint the picture, it’s definitely not going to be accurate. 

Brown is praised as being a high character guy and a leader. And I imagine nearly every person on this board has been in a competitive scenario where they let their emotions get the best of them. It happens. Especially in a sport where you physically punish the guy across from you on every play.

And honestly we have needed a little nasty attitude on this defense for awhile now. I would certainly hope this isn’t how Brown plays every game, but I have no evidence suggesting it is. Quite the opposite in fact. I hear he is a very high character guy from pretty much everyone that talks about him.

But if he can be a high character guy with a lot of mean on the field during clutch situations, that’s probably exactly what this defense needs 

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Except Brown was considered by most people to be BPA and at our biggest need... 

The Panthers liked Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons a lot at No. 7 and he was the best pure athlete on the board, but they felt he was a better fit for a veteran team because of his ability to play so many positions. So they went with Auburn DT Derrick Brown, a run stopper who with Pro Bowler Kawann Short will make this defense a force in the middle from the get-go.

Literally what David Newton tweeted last night. It even seemed like they wanted Simmons more, but they have so many needs they chose Brown because hur dur DT run stop. Hur dur. 

Archived