• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best news on Derrick Brown

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Brady and Brees give zero fugs about a push up the middle. 

I didnt like the pick bc I dont see him being who they tout him to be in the pros, but I hope I'm wrong.  Regardless, if he does become that guy, it's invaluable.  I've been saying it for years, especially under Rivera, that part of our problem on defense was our inability to get pressure up the middle.  Even with KK, we tended to run a lot of stunts with him ending up rushing from the edge.  When you go back and watch our games against Brees, watch how many times Brees waits for our rushers (DTs too) to run around him and then he steps up straight through the gaping hole in the middle of the pocket.  It's almost every play.

10 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

The moment this was the pick I knew Brady had a part, Brown wrecked that LSU offensive line better than any team. I love the pick.

That's cool and all, but that's one game. He was borderline ghost against Bama, and a few other teams. I don't love the pick, when even the Panthers said there was someone else on the board they loved more, but they have so many needs they didn't take him. LOL. 

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I didnt like the pick bc I dont see him being who they tout him to be in the pros, but I hope I'm wrong.  Regardless, if he does become that guy, it's invaluable.  I've been saying it for years, especially under Rivera, that part of our problem on defense was our inability to get pressure up the middle.  Even with KK, we tended to run a lot of stunts with him ending up rushing from the edge.  When you go back and watch our games against Brees, watch how many times Brees waits for our rushers (DTs too) to run around him and then he steps up straight through the gaping hole in the middle of the pocket.  It's almost every play.

I'm with you on everything you stated. Not a reach by any means, but I just don't see it with him. 

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

That's cool and all, but that's one game. He was borderline ghost against Bama, and a few other teams. I don't love the pick, when even the Panthers said there was someone else on the board they loved more, but they have so many needs they didn't take him. LOL. 

Right. Sounds like absolute BS getting made up to for your narrative now. Please show me where they said “yeah we actually liked someone better but had to take Brown” because I’m pretty sure nobody says that right after picking their new defensive centerpiece at 7

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Right. Sounds like absolute BS getting made up to for your narrative now. Please show me where they said “yeah we actually liked someone better but had to take Brown” because I’m pretty sure nobody says that right after picking their new defensive centerpiece at 7

Just gave you what David Newton said. Not a BS narrative. Read into the tea leaves, makes perfect sense. 

Want more? 

46 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I know something about you.

I know you never watched a single game Derrick Brown ever played.

Yeah, that's incorrect. I watched a lot of Auburn games. He played decent against Oregon, but other than that he was meh besides the LSU game. Not a fan of an inconsistent player. And I know something about you, Auburn homer gonna Auburn homer. 

Archived