• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 pick 7: Carolina Panthers select DT Derrick Brown

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

God damn you guys drank the koolaid. He got beat like a drum that game by 68.

I'll just let you guys hang yourself like you do every off-season with these poo takes. Just appeal to authority and ra-ra.

giphy.gif.b477d4a5d43f99fe0abc7e1f5151e721.gif

I usually don't do gifs but wow are you mad!!! Lol

50 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

SF got to the Superbowl because of their defensive line. Without a strong line, teams can do anything against us. We are more susceptible to play action passes if we can't stop the run. Our defense was atrocious last year even with Luke and Bradbury because we didn't have anybody worth doubling. 

Brown is going to do wonders for not only Shaq but Burns. Burns will come around the edge and a QB can't step up because of Brown and Short.

Hell let's go all out and get Epenesa or Gross Matos. We would transform our line in one draft. 

Sf also ran the crop out of the ball

4 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Because they didn't trust their QB. Nobody thinks SF got to the superbowl because of their running game. It was their defense and expecially up front. 

I mean to be fair their first two playoff games they had one guy go for 100 yds and 2 tds and 220 yds and 4tds rushing. They beat the packers throwing like 10 times so I really doubt the run game had nothing to do with that. Also I remember what those RB's did to us in our game against the niners

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sf also ran the crop out of the ball

San Fran also had deebo show out. San Fran finally saw the fruits of the rebuild.  A big part of which was 1st round dline picks pretty much every year. To everybody if you don't like the pick just say you don't like the pick. All this hem hawing is stupid. We got a top5 talent at a position of need. Y'all stay off the Brown wagon, when he pushes a Buccaneers lineman into Brady.

6 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

San Fran also had deebo show out. San Fran finally saw the fruits of the rebuild.  A big part of which was 1st round dline picks pretty much every year. To everybody if you don't like the pick just say you don't like the pick. All this hem hawing is stupid. We got a top5 talent at a position of need. Y'all stay off the Brown wagon, when he pushes a Buccaneers lineman into Brady.

I like the pick.  

21 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Because they didn't trust their QB. Nobody thinks SF got to the superbowl because of their running game. It was their defense and expecially up front. 

Oh right, I forgot that you don't need a lick of offense to get the Super Bowl. You draft a really good defense and just show up there one day. 

And of course you don't ever want to be able to run the ball. It serves no purpose other than to lose. Certainly doesn't help you control the clock and use it as the 12th man on defense. 

All my evidence is that I read an article on PFF once.

2 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Oh right, I forgot that you don't need a lick of offense to get the Super Bowl. You draft a really good defense and just show up there one day. 

And of course you don't ever want to be able to run the ball. It serves no purpose other than to lose. Certainly doesn't help you control the clock and use it as the 12th man on defense. 

All my evidence is that I read an article on PFF once.

All im saying is the only way they could control the game was with their defense. I know they had a good running game but their defense controlled every game.

Archived