• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 pick 7: Carolina Panthers select DT Derrick Brown

Jeremy Igo

41 minutes ago, PanicPete said:

Hell no, Jackson isn't a top guy. I hear you and I would not have complained in Henderson was the pick and DT was in the 2nd but to me Brown really could be something special at the position. And our o-line will need to be rebuilt just like dline was. My thinking there is this is a punt year for OL while we see if there happens to be anything there in Little/Moton again. we picked up a band aid in Okung and we are giving Little a shot to stay healthy and see where he fits. If it doesn't work out then yeah its on the need board if it does then were looking ok there. 

I just love the way yall keep saying he could be special.  Well they said the same thing about Peters out of Nebraska in '98 also, and who remembers him.  

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So all of the articles are saying Rhule made the final call on Brown.  Thats interesting

I did find it interesting that Joe Brady told Rhule that Brown was the player in the SEC they had to scheme the most around last year.   Joe Brady likely tipped the scale on the toss up.  He saw both Simmons and Brown.  You can find Simmons and avoid him to a degree.  Can't avoid someone at DT really. 

9 minutes ago, cmichd said:

I just love the way yall keep saying he could be special.  Well they said the same thing about Peters out of Nebraska in '94 also, and who remembers him.  

If by "we" you mean pretty much unanimous pro nfl scouts then yes "we". I forgot because corn fed 94 nebraska peters wasnt good we can't ever pick that position again

1 hour ago, cmichd said:

Cause our offensive line was our weakest link for the past 3 years.  We were good between the 20's but when it came to pushing the ball across the line we sucked and please don't tell me adding a 30+ beat up old man at LT is going to be the game changer.  I understand his contract was better to get rid of next year still we need line help.  So we got better guards in FA....GREAT! but that doesn't help the tackle situation for next year.   We could have gotten a CB which we need just as bad and please don't tell me D Jackson is an elite CB and needs to be starting.   There were good DT's down the line that could have help fix our line play just as well as Brown.  

That's debatable - our defense has been pretty awful the past 2 years and seems to never get off the field... Seriously, how many 3rd and forevers has our defense given up the past 2 years? It always seemed like it would be 3rd and 18 and sadly I assumed the offense would still get the first against our D...

Our oline was decent the first half of 2018. Unfortunately injuries to the oline + the Steelers killing Cam hurt that (even still they didn't do terrible - Cam just couldn't throw further than 10 yards because of his shoulder injury). Looking back at 2018, we were in the upper third in terms of sacks allowed that year (I know Cam deserves some credit for avoiding sacks)

7 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

You guys need to stop watching the same 4 LSU highlight plays and watch a game.

You mean that game where he was pushing Bama OL back into the Bama QB's face consistently for 60 minutes?

And wrecking Bama RBs in the backfield for losses?

That game?

Oh look Panthers fans being ungrateful pricks over another stud from Auburn. I agree though I was hoping they’d take Isaiah Simmons it made more sense to take the local LB to fill Kuechleys void.

Really didn’t want to see another Auburn player waste a single season at this moronic unappreciative franchise.

SF got to the Superbowl because of their defensive line. Without a strong line, teams can do anything against us. We are more susceptible to play action passes if we can't stop the run. Our defense was atrocious last year even with Luke and Bradbury because we didn't have anybody worth doubling. 

Brown is going to do wonders for not only Shaq but Burns. Burns will come around the edge and a QB can't step up because of Brown and Short.

Hell let's go all out and get Epenesa or Gross Matos. We would transform our line in one draft. 

Archived