• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 pick 7: Carolina Panthers select DT Derrick Brown

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

One reason the Panthers liked DT Derrick Brown is he makes those around him on the defense better by eating up blocks. Asked how often he was double teamed last year, he said at the NFL Combine: "About every snap. Pass, run, it was a double-team frenzy when it came time to play against us. And that was my job, that's what I was supposed to be doing in the defense, be able to help other guys be better. So that's what I did, tried to do my job to the highest level that I could.''

5.2 yards per carry vs our defense.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

He is glad it was not Okudah

I honestly don't think he would've cared. There gonna be two starting outside CBs anyway. Drafting someone to backfill Bradberry's spot to keep him from having to match up with bigger WRs would probably help him in the long run. He's just not built to cover the Julios and Mike Evans and Michael Thomases of the NFL.

good way to fix the run defense but i would have preferred isaiah simmons. tahir whitehead is worthless in coverage, juston burris is a JAG at best for SS, and we don't have a nickel corner. simmons can do all three positions depending on the look we're getting from the offense.

i feel like a DT at 7th overall needs to do a lot more than just be an elite run defender. he needs to be pushing 10 sacks every season too and brown doesn't really seem like he's gonna do that.

plus it isn't like the bucs, saints, and falcons love running the ball. i dunno. i'm sure he'll be a fine player but its hard to get excited about.

13 minutes ago, Zithers2 said:

good way to fix the run defense but i would have preferred isaiah simmons. tahir whitehead is worthless in coverage, juston burris is a JAG at best for SS, and we don't have a nickel corner. simmons can do all three positions depending on the look we're getting from the offense.

i feel like a DT at 7th overall needs to do a lot more than just be an elite run defender. he needs to be pushing 10 sacks every season too and brown doesn't really seem like he's gonna do that.

plus it isn't like the bucs, saints, and falcons love running the ball. i dunno. i'm sure he'll be a fine player but its hard to get excited about.

But the Panthers are desperate for a Tackle..............

An offensive Tackle.

Archived