• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 pick 7: Carolina Panthers select DT Derrick Brown

Jeremy Igo

Just now, beo said:

ive watched film breakdowns, and some of his cutups/condensed games. i don't watch college football as a fan nor do i hold affiliations with any CFB team, is what i mean (mostly because i hate their bowl game system). i also don't really think simmons is the best player right now, per se. i do think simmons has a higher ceiling.

But do you factor in positional value?? What has a higher ceiling for a team a dominant outside LB in a 4-3 or a dominant DT in a 4-3??

If you know the answer here then you know you might be off a bit..

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

quick question for you my guy.

since this game is all just for fun and entertainment, and you have absolutely 0% involvement in that - why not just root for the guy and hope for the best? especially when he hasn't even taken a snap or done anything to warrant the hate?

you've probably never thought that deep, but I find shallow minded individuals very interesting.

let's hear it sweetie, take your time. 500 words min. 

Can I not like a pick.  To me it was a wasted pick.  He isn't as good as you make him to be and Superman he is not.  When he played Clemson in 2019 what did he do agains the best ACC team.  The same thing he did against Georgia.  Nothing and he wasn't triple teamed. Actually I did see a few double teams but they mainly blocked him one on one....3 tackles for the game and a sack....WOW what stats for the Man as you describe him.  No he is not God walking on Football water and he will be gone in 5 years.  

Just now, WOW!! said:

But do you factor in positional value?? What has a higher ceiling for a team a dominant outside LB in a 4-3 or a dominant DT in a 4-3??

If you know the answer here then you know you might be off a bit..

a DT also only plays 60% of the snaps. shaq/simmons couldve been an absolutely disgusting versatile duo, with the ability to cover nearly any TE and we couldve easily picked up a DT in the 2nd round.

13 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Your sales job ain't working dude....we will see.  

No sales job. Just my humble opinion which more times than not is spot on in the draft. The last player I said was the best defensive player in the draft was Luke Kueckly who some on here said was overblown at the time. 

Another perspective on the pick:

"You can find quality defensive tackles in free agency every year, every year" "the reason is they cost too much for their production, so teams let them walk"

Try finding a position like linebacker in free agency, rare unless traded for.

2 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Can I not like a pick.  To me it was a wasted pick.  He isn't as good as you make him to be and Superman he is not.  When he played Clemson in 2019 what did he do agains the best ACC team.  The same thing he did against Georgia.  Nothing and he wasn't triple teamed. Actually I did see a few double teams but they mainly blocked him one on one....3 tackles for the game and a sack....WOW what stats for the Man as you describe him.  No he is not God walking on Football water and he will be gone in 5 years.  

hahahahahaha I get it now, you're a Clemson fan hahahaha.

good poo bro

1 minute ago, SmartyHurney said:

Another perspective on the pick:

"You can find quality defensive tackles in free agency every year, every year" "the reason is they cost too much for their production, so teams let them walk"

Try finding a position like linebacker in free agency, rare unless traded for.

whose BS perspective is that they you decided not to quote?

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

It’s terrible because it’s boring and Simmons would’ve been a fun pick because he’s fun. I’m as pissed as the rest but he may be decent. We’re stuck with it so let’s just deal with it.

Lmaooo??!! Some of you are hilarious on here

Archived