• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 pick 7: Carolina Panthers select DT Derrick Brown

Jeremy Igo

Panthers selected Auburn DT Derrick Brown with the No. 7 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Brown (6’5/326) was a former top-10 high school recruit and three-year starting defensive tackle at Auburn. He had at least 9.5 TFLs and 3.0 sacks in all three of his seasons as a starter and was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Year as a senior after posting 11.5 TFLs and 4.0 sacks. His combination of burst and strength at the snap forced opponents into using double teams on Brown, who primarily lined up at nose tackle and three-technique in college. He looked more athletic on tape than what his 45th percentile Adjusted SPARQ score would indicate, but it’s fair to question how disruptive he will be as a pass-rusher for a highly-drafted defensive tackle. Still, Brown offers Pro Bowl upside at multiple positions across the defensive line and should at least be one the better interior run stoppers immediately. He'll start immediately given the losses of Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe in free agency, but the Panthers undoubtedly need to add much more over the next few days on defense.

3 minutes ago, beo said:

i think you're just trying to make issues out of nothing tbh, that's what your posts here suggest. seems as if anyone who disagrees with you, even if their reasons are founded, you feel the need to attack them and use logical fallacies and strawmans to look right. barely anyone here is mad over the pick. 

No I'm trashing ppl early with dumb opinions or flat out stupidity.. If you don't like that??

I'll be keeping receipts and doing it later as well..

Soooo..

Just now, WOW!! said:

No I'm trashing ppl early with dumb opinions or flat out stupidity.. If you don't like that??

Soooo..

anyone who disagrees with you is stupid? even though i gave logical reasons for wanting simmons over brown? my goodness you have a room tempurature iq. 

2 minutes ago, beo said:

anyone who disagrees with you is stupid? even though i gave logical reasons for wanting simmons over brown? my goodness you have a room tempurature iq. 

No anybody saying Star was a better athlete or a better player in college without any factual evidence is stupid.. Which I pointed out.  And your logical reasoning for this is again???...Even thoe I would have been happy either way.. I'm not sure I blasted You...

Just now, WOW!! said:

No anybody saying Star was a better athlete or a better player in college without any factual evidence is stupid.. Which I pointed out. 

lad you responded to me (the underwear olympics quote), if you're talking about the other guy i wasnt involved in that. maybe you quoted the wrong person?

3 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Your sales job ain't working dude....we will see.  

quick question for you my guy.

since this game is all just for fun and entertainment, and you have absolutely 0% involvement in that - why not just root for the guy and hope for the best? especially when he hasn't even taken a snap or done anything to warrant the hate?

you've probably never thought that deep, but I find shallow minded individuals very interesting.

let's hear it sweetie, take your time. 500 words min. 

2 minutes ago, beo said:

lad you responded to me (the underwear olympics quote), if you're talking about the other guy i wasnt involved in that. maybe you quoted the wrong person?

You said you didn't watch college football but "know" Simmons is the better player... How,??????

Unless you only watch the combine and got excited..

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

quick question for you my guy.

since this game is all just for fun and entertainment, and you have absolutely 0% involvement in that - why not just root for the guy and hope for the best? especially when he hasn't even taken a snap or done anything to warrant the hate?

you've probably never thought that deep, but I find shallow minded individuals very interesting.

let's hear it sweetie, take your time. 500 words min. 

Because Walterfootball says this guy is better then this other guy and if Walter or Charlie are wrong his  whole worlds falls apart..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You said you didn't watch college football but "know" Simmons is the better player... How,??????

Unless you only watch the combine and got excited..

ive watched film breakdowns, and some of his cutups/condensed games. i don't watch college football as a fan nor do i hold affiliations with any CFB team, is what i mean (mostly because i hate their bowl game system). i also don't really think simmons is the best player right now, per se. i do think simmons has a higher ceiling.

Archived