• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 pick 7: Carolina Panthers select DT Derrick Brown

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

You guys need to start watching games, and not highlights. Brown has a lot of drawbacks, many being how slow he is and how off-balance he gets.

This is a poor pick. Quote me on this.

weird.. scouts said one of his strengths is his quickness and explosiveness.... 

3 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

You guys need to start watching games, and not highlights. Brown has a lot of drawbacks, many being how slow he is and how off-balance he gets.

This is a poor pick. Quote me on this.

yes that's why 9 of the SEC head coaches voted him to be the best player from this draft. you know, peoples whose job it is to watch him in games.

I won't include the scouts that said the same thing because, well frankly...it doesn't really seem like you're someone who uses logic.

For me this is a long time coming. I always said we needed a Kris Jenkins with an attitude and high motor. Brown my friends is that guy. Kris when angry and motivated was unstoppable but rarely played with passion and took plays off. Brown is Jenkins +  the same size and strength and a high motor and relentless effort. 

17 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I like your enthusiasm but there is a Mr. Chase Young here who would like to have a word with you....

No doubt Young is the best at DE. He is a stud.  He will be an impact player in the NFL. It is just harder to find a huge guy like Brown with all that versatility.  Inside, outside and anywhere in between.  Brown is a rare athlete.

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I love draft night.. To watch the poo show.. Then watch these same ppl play dumb when this is brought back up later..

i think you're just trying to make issues out of nothing tbh, that's what your posts here suggest. seems as if anyone who disagrees with you, even if their reasons are founded, you feel the need to attack them and use logical fallacies and strawmans to look right. barely anyone here is mad over the pick. 

Archived