• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My prediction for tonight.

Jeremy Igo

I agree that I think we stay at 7 to grab Simmons.  Lots of trades will cause 3 OTs to go in the top 10, as well as 2 QBs.  I wouldn’t be shocked if we trade back into round one to grab either Kinlaw or Henderson if either drops to 20.

Hurney knows we need a lot of picks to fill out this roster. He trades this years first and next years first for a ton of late 2nd rd picks this year. He realizes this is the perfect chance to show everyone how smart he is and he trades all of those picks to move back into the late first in order to get a small school corner that scouts think Should probably play safety and might be a 3-4 yr special teamer at-best.

He then restructures KK short and Shaq Thompson to free up some room to sign free agents.

5-11

29 minutes ago, mattnasty919 said:

Brown or Simmons is the pick if we don't trade out of #7

Call me crazy.

I think this is how it is playing off, going off blind hunches and reading what other fans / reporters are saying:

QB Burrow, Cinc

DE Young, Wash

QB Herbert Miami (trade)

OT Wills (I wanted to trade this pick---but resisted)

DT Brown Detroit

OT Wirfs (Tua is the obvious choice here, but I have been hearing from my sources--TV, internet---Stephen8989 :fear: just kidding--LAC is going LT.

#7 Carolina Panthers:  I think a team will want to move up for a T, CB, or Tua.  Some will call me crazy, but I would either take Okudah or Tua here. If I trade back, I only move 3 spots at the most. Tua, Okudah, and Simmons---after that, the floor drops considerably.

Man, I hope I do not have to make that decision--but the last time we drafted a CB from Ohio St in the first round, it turned out pretty well.  I still think Simmons is going to be the pick.

I had them staying at seven in my final mock draft. I also think there’s some validity to NYG looking at an OT. I had Simmons going to Detroit. 

Here’s my seven round Panthers mock, if y’all are interested. 

Happy draft day! We need it!

I think there is a run on QB and OL. Both Tua and Herbert go in the top 6 as does 2 OL, the OSU CB and Young. That leaves us Simmons and Brown to chose from. I would take Brown but we select Simmions. Rhule is more responsible for the selections this draft and we do nothing crazy with draft capital instead preparing to suck mightly so that we can draft Sunshine next year with the first selection. Long 2 years, but finally a great future. 

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Call me crazy.

I think this is how it is playing off, going off blind hunches and reading what other fans / reporters are saying:

QB Burrow, Cinc

DE Young, Wash

QB Herbert Miami (trade)

OT Wills (I wanted to trade this pick---but resisted)

DT Brown Detroit

OT Wirfs (Tua is the obvious choice here, but I have been hearing from my sources--TV, internet---Stephen8989 :fear: just kidding--LAC is going LT.

#7 Carolina Panthers:  I think a team will want to move up for a T, CB, or Tua.  Some will call me crazy, but I would either take Okudah or Tua here. If I trade back, I only move 3 spots at the most. Tua, Okudah, and Simmons---after that, the floor drops considerably.

Man, I hope I do not have to make that decision--but the last time we drafted a CB from Ohio St in the first round, it turned out pretty well.  I still think Simmons is going to be the pick.

I actually agree with most of your post, I think trading back(only a few spots at most, before the talent drop off) can make alot of sense. If we have a shot at still getting Brown, Simmons, or Okudah I'm on board.

The only thing I disagree with is Tua, I really do not want the Panthers to draft him unless we plan on going the pickles route for the #1 overall next season. I just do not see him as a starting caliber NFL QB even if completely healthy. 

4 minutes ago, mattnasty919 said:

The only thing I disagree with is Tua, I really do not want the Panthers to draft him unless we plan on going the pickles route for the #1 overall next season. I just do not see him as a starting caliber NFL QB even if completely healthy. 

I get it.  Tua is scary.  Here is the side of me that agrees with you.  Even if he is more RGIII than anyone wants to realize, a miss on the first rounder this year could be catastrophic.

I tend to look at position---QB is the most valuable position, LT next.  Pass rushers next.  Then CBs. 

So if my JOB were on the line, I would have to take Okudah.

5 minutes ago, mattnasty919 said:

I actually agree with most of your post, I think trading back(only a few spots at most, before the talent drop off) can make alot of sense. If we have a shot at still getting Brown, Simmons, or Okudah I'm on board.

I dont want Tua period. He cant stay healthy in college, how will he in the NFL? I see RG3 all over again

Archived