• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's draft week. Act accordingly.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Absolutely brutal. We probably have the most gutted defensive roster in the entire league and Teddy Bridgewater at QB and yet we still have one of the worst cap situations in the league.

It's worth noting that if we didn't have Teddy, we'd be #10 in available cap space. Oh wee mayne.

Yeah, it was erratic, flailing attempt at best. Very sloppy handling of QB1. New leadership has to learn a new people/service to others business. The NFL is a fraternity. That's what made JR relatively successfull as a mid market owner he knew that. The NFL is a special club. Players talk. Reputations must be built. Respect achieved. Theories are put to the test.

32 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Bridge players and a lot of them.  If a few of them outperform their current deal, we will re-sign them to a more lucrative contract.  This is about knocking the next two drafts out of the park. 

Good thing we have one of the "best evaluators of college talent" as Tepper called him making these picks!

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Good thing we have one of the "best evaluators of college talent" as Tepper called him making these picks!

Yeah, I thought about that.  Regardless of what we think, that's the plan.  This is still mostly Rivera's roster, Rhule wants to 'fix' that.  As it stands of today, there are 11 players slated to be on that 2022 roster (one being Will Grier).  Rhule has two seasons before this will actually be "his" team.

I'm so sick of hearing about Tua. He couldnt stay healthy in college but yes waste a top 10 pick on him. He has has surgery on both legs, hand and a hip injury. He missed multiple games and did I mention he is only 6 feet tall. Damn, what a team crushing pick that would be. Let the Dolphins or Chargers pick him. That's why they are on the clock early every year 

50 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

I'm so sick of hearing about Tua. He couldnt stay healthy in college but yes waste a top 10 pick on him. He has has surgery on both legs, hand and a hip injury. He missed multiple games and did I mention he is only 6 feet tall. Damn, what a team crushing pick that would be. Let the Dolphins or Chargers pick him. That's why they are on the clock early every year 

Yeah, his career injury list already reads a lot worse than the majority of long-term NFL players at the end of their 10+ season careers and he hasn't even played an NFL game yet. The best predictor of the future is the past. It doesn't always tell you the truth, but it's the best thing to go off of.

Archived